Festival shaving / minimalist shaving!

I am doing 3 festivals this year and am going to need to keep kit down to a minimum (which breaks my heart).

Any suggestions as to a kit I could put together to get decent shaves but not so that I am going to have to take an extra tent to store it in!

any suggestions welcome as I only have a limited amount of space.

Enabling welcome!

Cheers

Matt

Cheers HM, Id forgotten about the wee scot, I bought one a while ago for 'curiosity value'. I'll have to get some practice in with it I think as I'm used to big brushes lol.

May have to use a tube of cream though as I dont have any godrej rounds. The only problem I can see with that Is that I'm probably going to end up accidentally brushing my teeth with it on the morning after the night before!

Cheers again!

matt31 said:
Cheers HM, Id forgotten about the wee scot, I bought one a while ago for 'curiosity value'. I'll have to get some practice in with it I think as I'm used to big brushes lol.

May have to use a tube of cream though as I dont have any godrej rounds. The only problem I can see with that Is that I'm probably going to end up accidentally brushing my teeth with it on the morning after the night before!

Cheers again!

A Palmolive/Erasmic/Wilkinson Sword shaving stick then... same weight, slightly different geometry :)

matt31 said:
Prof,

Pardon my ignorance, but what is voyager?

Matt

A set of shaving products for when people are travelling...here's the link

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8642</a><!-- l -->

Martin

Ok.

A complete travel kit (in my opinion) should contain just about the following, and the list (hence the size of the kit we'll ultimate carry) can of course be adjusted depending on needs but also on the duration of the trip:

I'll write this down even though the few usual suspects will start again (but I'll repeat I love 'em all) and mind you the checklist was written while I was in South Korea years ago, so a few things have changed since then (ok, it's too much to carry thermometer and ...tonic lotion & pads for face cleansing with you, I know :lol: ) but that is the list anyway and I'll take the heat that comes with it, no probs :p :lol:

- comb
- small (hand/body) soap
- shampoo
- hair gel or pomade
- shaving kit (razor, soap/cream, brush, balm, after shave, styptic, blades)
- tonic lotion and cotton pads
- pills
- hansaplast
- thermometer
- deodorant or alum
- perfume
- jetlag gel/cream (Origins)
- toothpaste, toothbrush, floss
- condoms
- tweezrs, nail cutter
- calendula/antibacterial cream
- ear cleaning pads/sticks
- face wash liquid
- lip balm
- hand cream
- tea/chamomile sachets
- face mask (in case you want to give your face a good rest one night)
- bath salts (yes, single use sachets, provided by a five-star LHW member hotel)

Most of the above can be had in travel size or samples, so a nice kit that contains say half or even less of all that exhausting list can be taken almost anywhere without occupying much space or weight.

Samples, samples, samples and travel size portions/bottles is the key.

Matt_kit1.jpg

Matt_kit2.jpg

Cheapest brush, cheapest razor, and a sample or two of shaving soap which can be applied directly to the face and face lathered, 7ml bottle of scented jojoba for moisturising.....now where could you find those I wonder??? :lol: From some comments that have been made about my shaving soap samples, I don't think there's any risk of using it for tooth paste, no matter what state you're in.
As regards soap/shampoo etc. for showering; last time I had a shower at Glastonbury, they provided Ecover and no-one was allowed to use anything else.

How about dumping the brush and soap stick, can you get away with just shave oil? You can buy 100ml sweet almond oil for a few quid on ebay or a litre of grapeseed oil from the supermarket (cook with most of it) and take 15ml with you. I find olive oil is a bit heavy even for emergency use.

I don't bother taking soap, I just use shampoo or a shower gel for everything, including washing up.

Sun tan lotion doubles as a hand cream.

I use "maxlite" disposable ear plugs for motorcycling, they come in handy for getting a good night's sleep if it's noisy.

cheers guys, looks like I've got more planning to do :)

soapalchemist said:
Cheapest brush, cheapest razor, and a sample or two of shaving soap which can be applied directly to the face and face lathered, 7ml bottle of scented jojoba for moisturising.....now where could you find those I wonder??? :lol: From some comments that have been made about my shaving soap samples, I don't think there's any risk of using it for tooth paste, no matter what state you're in.
As regards soap/shampoo etc. for showering; last time I had a shower at Glastonbury, they provided Ecover and no-one was allowed to use anything else.

Sharon, Are you going this year?

Back
Top Bottom