FIGARO MONSIEUR GOLD Soap by TFS. Talk to me.

Ok i'm intrested in getting your input on Figaro Monsieur Gold Soap.
Figaro_Monsieur_clipped_rev_1__66048.1458234411.1280.1280.jpg

It seems to be an Oud scented soap with some good oils and I know a lot of people hold TFS in high regard.
I don't have any experience with TFS or their Figaro range.

Really interested in your input on the following
1. Scent.
2. Ease of lathering, water intake i.e. thirsty.
3. Lather composition from creation to completion feel, thickness, slickness, glide.
4. My top most important factor, the post shave feel.

Thanks for you advice. And yep I know YMMV

I find the scent very similar, if not same as Paco robane 1 million(the one that bottles looks like a gold bullion). I don't like that scent at all so that's why I don't like this soap, used it once and gave it to a friend.
If you like or don't mind that scent, then it is a great wonderful soap, mind you the scent is heavy and lingers on.
My answer to the rest of your questions(2,3,4) would be positive and good/great. I usually use the original(red tub with almond scent) It is great, very easy to get a perfect lather, great protection and glide during the shave and post shave feel is very good as well.

I find the scent very similar, if not same as Paco robane 1 million(the one that bottles looks like a gold bullion). I don't like that scent at all so that's why I don't like this soap, used it once and gave it to a friend.
If you like or don't mind that scent, then it is a great wonderful soap, mind you the scent is heavy and lingers on.
My answer to the rest of your questions(2,3,4) would be positive and good/great. I usually use the original(red tub with almond scent) It is great, very easy to get a perfect lather, great protection and glide during the shave and post shave feel is very good as well.
Thanks.

You are welcome, I hope you find the answers helpful.
I don't know what 'Oud scent' means but if you meant Old/Traditional/Old school kind of scent; to my nose it definitely is not
Its a arabic insens type smell its from agarwood if you've ever smelt high end attar perfume oils there are a lot that have the smokey type smell.

Its a arabic insens type smell its from agarwood if you've ever smelt high end attar perfume oils there are a lot that have the smokey type smell.
I see, I never smelt that. But it is not smokey or woody, It is same as Paco R. 1 million. I know it has lots of fans and a popular scent. The good thing is, it's an inexpensive soap, I don't know if it has the same formula as the Original red Figaro.
Original Figaro has jojoba oil in it and I don't know if it is the key factor for the really good lather and good post shave feeling. As far as I can remember the consistency of the both soaps and quality of the lather is pretty much same.

I see, I never smelt that. But it is not smokey or woody, It is same as Paco R. 1 million. I know it has lots of fans and a popular scent. The good thing is, it's an inexpensive soap, I don't know if it has the same formula as the Original red Figaro.
Original Figaro has jojoba oil in it and I don't know if it is the key factor for the really good lather and good post shave feeling. As far as I can remember the consistency of the both soaps and quality of the lather is pretty much same.
Thats strange cos everywhere they say its oud sent. Where did you get yours from?

Back
Top Bottom