First Blade Recomendations

Well I got myself a Merk Slant coming and I need a couple of recommendations for first blades to try.
This is my first DE but I tried Dodgy's PIF slant and the best blade I tried with that was a Astra Platinum.

So, what ya rekon guys? I am used to straight razors so aggressive aint a problem.

Or just go for a sample pack, if so what one is good?

Cheers

Astra are fine mate if you still have some knocking around, or if you have to go and buy something go for some Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (yellow packet), they're very good in a slant. Plenty sharp.

Johnus said:
I don't think that you could go wrong by using a Derby. A nice fresh blade and their Derby Shave Cream.

Hah, you made me laugh a little bit. Thanks buddy. Yes, the 'Derby System'......heh.

Jaycee, you gotta understand Johnus has got a good sense of humor (for a Yank), and he's just kidding you about those Derby blades. They are bad.

My Secret Santa sent me 10,000 of these blades last year. First one I tried....one side was average and the other tugged like a bulldog when grabbing onto a pants cuff. Very scrumptious shave.

That Johnus....what a kidder.

Matty, thats a very kind offer Thanks! but I am going to be ok for blades for a while and besides the slant is just a little sideline to my straights.

Derby's, you got me there:D too late pack on it's way with the newer super thins (Thanks Garbe) and some yellow 7 o'clocks.
If the Darby's are that bad they will be pifed.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom