First SE shave + razor identification

Well I had my first shave with an Ever-Ready 1912 at 1:30. The shave was rushed because I was going out but I managed to do two passes, one WTG and one XTG + a touch up.

I'm not going do to do a full review until I do another 4 or or 5 shaves, but one thing I will mention: try as I might, I just could not get all the hairs under my right nostril! I had a close look at the razor and I noticed that the blade is not exactly centered. When I opened the cap I found there there is a tiny amount of side to side movement. Next time I use it I'll have to check that the blade is as centered as possible.

Last edited:
Well noticed hisg, I left one cheek a scarlet ruin with my first stroke with my Streamline on one occasion. My own, entirely preventable stupidity. Opening the lid I duscovered thst the blade was not correctly bedded in and was lying at a slight angle. Not a mistake I'll make again in a hurry, and I always make my first application with the razor a gentle test one before lainching in with my normal gay abandon.

JohnnyO. o/

I have had five shaves with the 1912. I found it gave quite a close shave. I also found it a bit harsh and I struggled under my nostrils; I had a very small Charlie Chaplin moustache most of the week. I will keep it in my rotation, it isn't one of my favourite razors though.

Stand by for 1912 incoming from F/Billy !

JohnnyO. o/
I have had five shaves with the 1912. I found it gave quite a close shave. I also found it a bit harsh and I struggled under my nostrils; I had a very small Charlie Chaplin moustache most of the week. I will keep it in my rotation, it isn't one of my favourite razors though.
Yup..Those 1912s are Auld Spanners for Sure..Have I mentioned that before ?...Ah..Maybe a Passing Comment here & there..:p:D:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom