First shave with MWF!

Yes, I have a soap that it is a veritable SOB to lather, Green Mountain, which requires hot water 'blooming' while I am in the shower and upon exiting I must 'beat' it like a recalcitrant red headed step child with the brush to get decent lather. As a result I rarely use it. Gratefully, it was a gift. :rolleyes:
I think I would use that in the shower.

Just from 'tradition' I tend to use the MWF during the colder temperatures . MWF does make a liquid hair shampoo. It lathers nicely and I have used it to shave with. So.... You might want to try 'killing two birds with oneShampoo'[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any tips for getting a slick lather with this? I always feel like I'm forcing the razor across my face. I have hard water but I usually get some slickness from soaps (I also add citric acid to the water). Should I use more product maybe? (I load for 1 minute). And I add a couple of drops of water 4 or 5 times. Does MWF need a lot of water to be slick? I have no issue producing a lather, it just doesn't provide any glide on my face.

Does anyone have any tips for getting a slick lather with this? I always feel like I'm forcing the razor across my face. I have hard water but I usually get some slickness from soaps (I also add citric acid to the water). Should I use more product maybe? (I load for 1 minute). And I add a couple of drops of water 4 or 5 times. Does MWF need a lot of water to be slick? I have no issue producing a lather, it just doesn't provide any glide on my face.
Face or bowl?

I made the mistake of purchasing the WFT with matching cermaic bowl. It was very easy to use and produced a great lather but used it twice and each time I broke out in a rash. At first I thought it was the lanolin so I moved on to a new puc of Tabac and exactly the same thing happened so I'm now inclined to think my skin is sensitive to tallow. I say 'inclined' because I can't be certain, it may just be the fragrance. I'll revisit a tallow soap later once my current creams are on the low side.

Both the MWF and the Tabac complete with bowls will be up for grabs once the mods approve me in BST forum

I've almost ran out of MWF and though it's a good soap it's not outstanding and I don't think I'll be buying it again. OSP, NSS & Faena are all better for me.

And I've still yet to try Wickhams!

How much water are you adding and what is the lather consistency? I've never had bother with MWF and I love the OSP. It is the only soap I have found that gives the same post shave feel of MWF which is the king of soaps in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom