Fonex Lemon Spray Kolonya

Picked this up in the Turkish barbers along with an Arko stick.

Haven't tried it yet but it had an 80 proof (degrees sign) on the front.

Would this be ok to use after a shave or am I asking for trouble?

Cool.

It's pretty strong wit the lemon scent but I couldn't go for a haircut and turn it, and the Arko down now could I?

Im basically trying to take the "jessies" way out of it and see if it works ok as an AS before I try it and end up crying like a baby.

:lol:

Mikael said:
Ohh, I forgot: you smell like a real man, all day long, with these AS colognes :D

Like the Cella Cologne that i like, these Citrus AS are Manly Scents with a slightly femenine touch....

little_britain3_400_400x300.jpg

I use a Turkish 80% lemon AS sometimes, and it hasn't done me too much harm (as far as I can tell :lol: ) This sounds very similar. I like the scent, and it definitely feels like it is doing its job.

Already have enough cheap splash to float a battleship, but the must try list just gets longer and longer - Pashana Bay Rum, Benjamin's Bay Rum, Cella Colgone, Grey Flannel, Dana's English Leather, Alt Innsbruck, now Fonex. :cry: :cry:

Has anyone tried this stuff <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/agua-colonia-220ml-cologne-aftershave-perfume.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/agua ... erfume.php</a><!-- m -->

Kevin

Andra
This is the stuff the Turkish barber near me uses post shave. Also sets it alight to singe ear hairs. :shock:

Lovely stuff though, he uses it in an atomizer, which has got me thinking.

PS
How's the job going? Well I hope.

Regards

I haven't seen the Fonex stuff around, but a Turkish continental shop in town sells this Limon Kolonya EdC stuff for about £2.00 for 300ml, and I've used it as ASL OK. It also has the 80º marking on it. Stings a little initially, but soon settles down.

They also have Tütün (tobacco scented) which is 60º around the same price ands size.

One of their subsidiary/sister brands does this Rose Water, that sells for about £1.35 for 400ml in that same shop - around 40º if I remember rightly.

There is a big Turkish community here in Amsterdam and you get around 15 brands of Kolonya, I have never holidayed in Turkey but if you have may have experienced what they do here with Kolonya - it's a hand sanitiser, used on wet hot flannels with meals, first thing offered to guests, even used as a Savlon/TCP/Dettol type antiseptic as well as a cologne and aftershave.

Sezer74 said:
Because its 80% alcohol, it cools and works like an antiseptic as well, in summer you will find how cooling it is. also keep that in mind they are highly flammable as well

Which is exactly why an atomiser is a very bad idea - plus you breathe it in and get pissed in an instant - and if it gets in your eyes ......!!!

Back
Top Bottom