For all you lovers of Old Spice

17b4be694d7aafc7e8a4b59ecb3ea79f.jpg

It's the Indian version. When Procter&Gamble bought Shulton they didn't get the Indian rights. P&G then changed the recipe, but the Indian Old Spice is still made to the original formulation. I only have the Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime and it's lovely.

Are you sure about that?

http://articles.economictimes.india...zes-cosmetics-largest-consumer-products-maker

"Procter & Gamble Company acquired the business of Shulton along with the Old Spice brand in 1993.

The Menezes family's relation with Old Spice began before that, more than five decades ago when it introduced the brand in India as a licensee of Shulton. This association ended when P&G took over the brand in 1993.

Since then, the brand changed hands thrice to come back to Menezes through the Godrej group, with whom P&G had a joint venture initially, and then with Marico."

I am thinking they have changed the aftershave just as they have the shave cream, i.e., crap.

Are you sure about that?

http://articles.economictimes.india...zes-cosmetics-largest-consumer-products-maker

"Procter & Gamble Company acquired the business of Shulton along with the Old Spice brand in 1993.

The Menezes family's relation with Old Spice began before that, more than five decades ago when it introduced the brand in India as a licensee of Shulton. This association ended when P&G took over the brand in 1993.

Since then, the brand changed hands thrice to come back to Menezes through the Godrej group, with whom P&G had a joint venture initially, and then with Marico."

I am thinking they have changed the aftershave just as they have the shave cream, i.e., crap.
Its Crap..:eek:

Billy

Yes, I have read that, but the new AS from India does NOT say Shulton on the box or bottle. The consensus seems to be P&G has reformulated everything now. Some of you people may have gotten old stock. Don't trust a vendor as they are terrified of being left in the lurch with the new crap. P&G is not to be trusted either as they have repeatedly prevaricated about Old Spice AS being reformulated despite hard scientific data showing otherwise. A corp. will always act in their own interests & not ours. Period.

Yes, I have read that, but the new AS from India does NOT say Shulton on the box or bottle. The consensus seems to be P&G has reformulated everything now. Some of you people may have gotten old stock. Don't trust a vendor as they are terrified of being left in the lurch with the new crap. P&G is not to be trusted either as they have repeatedly prevaricated about Old Spice AS being reformulated despite hard scientific data showing otherwise. A corp. will always act in their own interests & not ours. Period.

If they have reformulated the indian stuff, it definitely smells better then what we can get in the UK :)

Back
Top Bottom