Found this

Gents

Up at my maw and paws for Christmas meal and my brother told me about this. It's my grandfathers razor
I can see it's an Ever Ready, it is marked Patd 1912 and the box obviously says made in England
Any clues as to name or model?
It's in quite good nick and Hairsuite is going to oblige with a blade or 2 to give it a run
He died in 1970 so I know it's not seen the light of day or action since then
Obviously as a family connection it's not sellable but any clues of a value?

Put together image

Sadly they only change hands for about ten pounds, 15 on a good day in perfect condition with a nice interesting case. Worth far more in memories and family connection no doubt, one to keep.
They're just known as an Ever Ready 1912, but I gather there are some minor variances, some of the SE users can tell you more.

It is a 1912, quite a nice example by the looks of it. Give it a clean, load up a blade and use it... you'll be surprised at how nice it shaves. Canuck's evaluation seems about right to me.

Yes that' an ER 1912 and looks in reasonable condition from what you can tell from the photos. The angle to shave at is very easy to find and a Gem blade will give you a close but mild shave.

I have the same razor, they shave brilliantly! You can get new blades for it here.

Easy technique on shaving. A standard DE razor is usually kept around 30 degrees to the face, this SE one is much shallower, around 5-10 degrees. Just experiment, and you'll soon hear the correct angle as it sings through your face with a noise that sounds like putting butter on a slice of toast :)

Congratulations on getting Grandad's shaver, a wonderful family heirloom...

I'll echo all the comments above. Great shaver and in my top 3 of favourites, thats not just my top 3 SE, it's in the top 3 of all razors that I own or have owned. I am going to be thinning out my collection shortly but this will not be going anywhere, I did try to sell it a while ago but had no response and decided to give it another try. I am glad I did as it just gives such an excellent shave and angles are very easy to find. It gives so much feedback, you can hear and feel everything going on.
Well done on a great find, hope you enjoy using it.

Good lad - much better to keep a hold of than to sell on. It's a nice example.

With a little Peek polish, a yellow duster and some elbow grease, it'll come up practically brand spanking new. Good soak and an old toothbrush to get any grime out first.

Back
Top Bottom