Friends First Time DE

My friend called me this morning for advice on how to DE shave, he has been given a Gillette Adjustable from the estate of a family friend. I have provided detailed instructions and sent him along to Boots for a pack of Wilkinsons and a styptic pencil :rolleyes:. He's been using a boar brush and cream or soap for a good ten years.

My friend called me this morning for advice on how to DE shave, he has been given a Gillette Adjustable from the estate of a family friend. I have provided detailed instructions and sent him along to Boots for a pack of Wilkinsons and a styptic pencil :rolleyes:. He's been using a boar brush and cream or soap for a good ten years.
Christ, when he looks at the price of Wilkinson blades in boots he will wonder where the savings can be made. They are so expensive in my local one.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

A Slim Adjustable. Lucky boy! Nice razor. They change hands for ridiculous prices.

I use an R41 most of the time but if I need on consecutive days I pick up my less aggressive Slim Adjustable - and still used opened right up to 9.

Just an FYI that after having owned & used several old Gillette adjustables that I recommend a complete teardown & deep clean/sanitization as I have done as such AFTER repeated ultrasonic cleanings that did not remove all the years of accumulated sh#@ deep in the "guts" of the razor. I'm talking about stuff that would gag a hound on a gut wagon. :eek:

The boots brand DE blades (personnas apparently) are great and are much more forgiving than the wilkys in my experience.
Also you get 10 for the price of 5 wilkys

Have a look at the Slim for him and check that the bars and doors are straight.

Oh, and a 34c will last him forever

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom