FS: 2 x Chubby 2's. One VERY special

Hi chaps,

Few Chubby's which I've decided to let go.

First up, a Somerset Chubby 2 in best. Hair is more like super than best, as you can see, very white tips.

This chubby is also in amazing condition for its age, lampblack is perfect, it even has the water applied Simpson decal in the box. It's so complete, it's probably one I will regret selling.

Here is a pic:

null_zpsefb1cf47.jpg

null_zpsac1af5c3.jpg

I'm after £145 plus PayPal fee's sent via special or £140 plus PayPal fee's sent recorded.

Next is a modern Chubby 2 in best. This is another brush in perfect condition. No shedding, no dodgy knot - it's nice and equal through out. The knot itself has no scritch, a nice backbone and doesn't feel like your lathering with your elbow. I've tried 6 chubby 2's in best, this is the best of them all but after the search, I'm not using it! Avoid playing the Simpson lottery, this one is perfect!

Here is a pic:

null_zpsef12b395.jpg

Note: the knot may look slightly lop sided but that is due to it being in its box for so long.

For this I'm after £90 plus PayPal fee's.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!

Dipesh

Aargh! Why didn't you sell these last week! I bought a Chubby 2 Best from Executive Shaving just last week to take advantage of their 10% offer before it ended. It only arrived on Saturday and I haven't even wet it yet!

Grrrrr!

David

antdad said:
Doesn't bother me if you sold it on another forum for twice as much. Grrrrrrrr.

Nope, it's a member on here actually and I'm sure it was less than what I bought it off you from too!

I'll be adding a few additional bits to these brushes, I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment and it's a sort through the shave stash tomorrow :)

Evening gents, a few things is like to add are a choice of:

TOBS pre shave gel & an arko stick

Or

Simpson pre shave oil and an arko stick

Your choice!

Oh and some blades too! I've not made it that far through the stash yet!

Final bump, I'll be withdrawing these on Sunday eve I think.

Will also include a pot of vulfix cream (Sandalwood) with the Somerset brush.

davidb said:
Just used my new Chubby 2 Best for the first time. Makes the Somerset one tempting. Is it likely to be appreciably different?

David

Hi David, it's quite different and has a lot more character.

The handle is hand turned on a water mill, it has a concave base to stop aqua planing, such a clever touch.

The lamp black is also different to the engraving. The handles are made in the original way.

The knot is more of a fan, I find it whips up lather faster due to this ease of 'whipping', it also doesn't hog as much lather either.

Hope that helps!

davidb said:
Just used my new Chubby 2 Best for the first time. Makes the Somerset one tempting. Is it likely to be appreciably different?

David

David, this is a fantastic brush from "Depish" I have a few Somerset's and this one is such a great value........... and a real find. Depish is a real gentleman too deal with.

You will love it !!!

Regards

Charles u.K

Prius111 said:
davidb said:

David

David, this is a fantastic brush from "Depish" I have a few Somerset's and this one is such a great value........... and a real find. Depish is a real gentleman too deal with.

You will love it !!!

Regards

Charles u.K

Why thank you Charles.

Hope your keeping well my friend.

S'alright, got me a Chubby anyway. She's at work just now but can't half get into a right lather sometimes! :D

Back
Top Bottom