FS: Fatboys, Streamline/Jewel + More - ******COMPLETE/CLOSED******

Update 16/05: Despite the horror of selling on ebay, I've made the funds needed for the Weber so I'm closing this sale now, primarily to keep the boards neat and tidy!

Update 30/04: Since I've just bought Al's braveheart, and no one is biting on the Weber trade, I've added prices to the items in the hope that I can just raise the funds to buy one.

After "exhausting the funds" for this month (and probably next month's as well) I have to resort to trying to trade for two of the razors on my wishlist - the Weber and the Braveheart from Executive shaving.

I honestly don't mind which Weber it is and my preference would be for it to have a handle, but that wouldn't be set in stone.

I will list what I have for trade, then give a description below and link to an album for each. The albums should contain a number of high definition photos that you can click on for more detail.

For trade I have the following:

"Main" items:

F3 (1960) Fatboy - £55 WITHDRAWN and off to ebay.
G3 (1961) Fatboy - £55
Ever Ready Streamline with case - £55 WITHDRAWN and off to ebay.

"Extra Items":

Edwin Jagger DE86 - £15 SOLD
Gillette Long Comb New (made in USA) - £10
Schick Band Razor with Band Cartridge - £20
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shaving Set - Pre-shave, Cream, Post Shave and Pure Badger Brush - £20

I think the fairest trade would be 1 "main item" for the Braveheart and "1 main item" + 1 "extra item" for the Weber, but please let me know if you think it's unfair and we can negotiate.

Main items:

F3 (1960) Fatboy- £55: Withdrawn

This is a good user grade Fatboy. I have used this razor and it shaves just as well as my other Fatboy. All the numbers click cleanly and the paint is present on each. There is slight pitting and marking on the doors and handle, but no plate loss as far as I can see. It has a stiffer first quarter turn than the other Fatboy and it has a slightly lazy door that I've tried to capture in the album. Album: http://imgur.com/a/DDR9u

G3 (1961) Fatboy - £55:
qUtoYmm.jpg

This is a fair user grade Fatboy. As above, I have used this razor and it shaves fine. The numbers click evenly and the paint is present in each. There is plate loss on the edges of the silo doors and in the blade tray. The handle, however, is one of the brightest I've seen and still retains a nice shine. The first quarter turn is smoother than the F3 above.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/mhhps

Ever Ready Streamline With Case - £55:WITHDRAWN and off to ebay.

This is one of my favourite razors - definitely my favourite SE. The build quality of this is fantastic and the shine off them has to be seen to be believed. This example is very nice, although it does have a thin strip of plate loss on the very bottom of the handle. Otherwise it is great and shaves beautifully. It comes with the lovely metal (chromed?) case with a metal blade holder. The case isn't the tidiest, but it is clean enough.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/Hadwc

Due to "number of attachments/links, this is continued further down the thread.....

RE: WTT for Weber and Braveheart

chriszacharek said:
Some very nice stuff on offer there! If only I had what you were looking for to trade.
Good luck with the search.

Thanks Chris, I've just read on another thread that you're getting married soon - congratulations and the best of luck to the both of you.

WTT for Weber and Braveheart

mulligano said:
chriszacharek said:
Some very nice stuff on offer there! If only I had what you were looking for to trade.
Good luck with the search.

Thanks Chris, I've just read on another thread that you're getting married soon - congratulations and the best of luck to the both of you.

Yes it's tomorrow, thank you.

Having read a few threads elsewhere, it looks like what I have is an Ever Ready "Jewel" rather than Streamline. Apparently it is the exact same razor, but the Jewel has the metal case, whereas the Streamline has a plastic one.

If this is just a load of tosh, please disregard!

UPDATE 30/04: Added prices, but had to cut half the post and paste here due to number of links.

Extra Items:
Album here: http://imgur.com/a/T6hDd

Edwin Jagger DE86 - £15: SOLD
GtCbYid.jpg

A lovely razor. So good in fact that I have another one and bought this one for my brother to use. He didn't even try it though after seeing one of my 1940's Rockets. I'm not sure whether it is unused, however, as I bought it from the BST here and can't remember whether the previous owner used it. To be honest I think it looks unused but I can't say for certain. Comes with box.

Gillette Long Comb New (made in USA) - £10:
gXpsGGh.jpg

A good, efficient razor. This one isn't in the best nick. The handle came in three different parts and had two cracks in it, I filled it with epoxy and stuck it back together. The handle is now solid, but the epoxy seems to have caused some serious discolouration on the handle. The head has a couple of bent end teeth, but this doesn't affect the shave at all. These razors give great shaves and I have another head that I use with a custom handle.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/kPfrC

Schick Band Razor with Band Cartridge - £20:
nL92slk.jpg

An unusual razor this. I think it can be considered the first cartridge razor. It comes with one of the band cartridges (which was a right pain to find). As far as I know, the cartridge contains a spool of the razor band that can be clicked through as the razor dulls. I was really wanting to try this razor but couldn't make myself open the cartridge after the trouble I had getting hold of one. I have to say though, I have read nothing but iffy things about the shave quality.

Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shaving Set - £20:
F2zoc9V.jpg

I love sandalwood and hear nothing but great things about the quality of the Art of Shaving stuff (just complaints about the cost). I have way too much software as it is though and if opened, this stuff would probably just sit on the shelf as I used all of Fox's soaps! I have no idea how good the brush is, but it looks decent and the whole set looks ideal for travelling. I have taken photos of the ingredients in the album linked to above.

Anyway, I hope the pictures are good enough and that someone has what I'm looking for. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

All the best,

Micheal

RE: FS: Fatboys, Streamline/Jewel + More

Last bump before I attempt my first sale on ebay (in a few hours)!

Wish me luck?

One Fatboy and Streamline/Jewel withdrawn and posted on ebay.

Edwin Jagger sold pending funds.

Not entirely comfortable posting all my stuff on ebay (my first foray into selling on it), so I'm leaving the rest up here for now.

In case I wasn't clear enough in the original post, I'm open to offers!

My first razor was the Edwin Jagger, and I'm feeling nostalgic, as it always gave me a great shave. So I haven't used one in nearly three years, as I piffed it to a mate to take up DE.

Looking forward to trying it out again with my favourite blade combo, a Perma Sharp.

Thanks Again.

Good to hear! My first razor was an Edwin Jagger as well, this one was just an extra.

I'm glad it's going to someone who'll use it and enjoy it.

Edwin Jagger sold! Thanks TSR and Garbe.

Back
Top Bottom