FS: MS Office 2010

I bought Office 2010 recently at the same time as a new PC.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003FO8956/ref=oss_product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... ss_product</a><!-- m -->

I've installed it on my PC and laptop so there is one more install to go. Unfortunately it's not compatible with a program I use for work so the disc is useless to me now. It can be installed on one more computer. If anyone is interested in making me a reasonable offer I'd love to hear from you. Sob story to follow:

Just found out our oil tank is split and leaking oil in to the garden. Cost of replacement and re-siting is looking to be around the thousand mark and not covered by insurance. So, I don't give a s*it how much I sell this for, it's all going to a good cause! :D

Get a bucket under it or the EA will have you.

Could be repaired by heat welding but not if in service. Plus you have to find someone that can do it.

Yup, the heating engineer that came out today said it couldn't be repaired. Do you think that's true? The company has a reputation for charging pretty high, so perhaps it's just not their policy to recommend this course of action. It is only a tiny crack so if you think it may be worth pursuing I'll start investigating if anyone locally can help.

You can definitely weld a plastic like polyethylene, the tank would have to be empty and fairly fume free to be safe and avoid contamination of the weld.

Try your local garage/body repair shop, they normally repair bumpers by plastic welding them. You might be able to get someone to come out but you will have to do the leg work.

moodymick said:
Silly question, can it not be patched?

Hmmm...that would be good. The heating engineer said not, but then again that could be his company's line on things. He reckoned that any repair wouldn't be solve the problem in the longer term. It is only a tiny crack so it would be great if it could be patched up though. Save me a few nicker and no mistake.

If it its a tiny crack and the oil isn't pissing out, a patch might take if you can stem any contamination long enough for the patch to dry properly.

How tiny is the crack? And how much oil is leaking?

antdad said:
If it its a tiny crack and the oil isn't pissing out, a patch might take if you can stem any contamination long enough for the patch to dry properly.

How tiny is the crack? And how much oil is leaking?

I've actually decided to replace the tank. A patch may do the trick but I reckon it would only postpone the inevitable, and next time the leak might be a lot worse. We're going to get a new shed at some point soon which will need a concrete base. I've decided to site the new tank there which will actually conform to the regulations about siting it away from fences etc.

I do still have to decide whether to go for bunded or unbunded. Seems like you can double the price for bunding.

Oh, and will someone please buy MS Office 2010 off me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom