FT: Pranafa Manual Clippers

Hi all,

I've got some Pranafa Clippers in what seems to be very good condition for Trade.

Don't know very much about them, I got them in a bundle I bought recently and clippers aren't my thing, if anyone has any specific questions I'd be more than happy to try and answer.

They seem to be in very good working order and fully functional, with cover for the blade.

Interested in any sort of DE/SE/Brush/Bowl/Soap.

[attachment=7059][attachment=7060][attachment=7061]

Alex

Attachments

• DSC_0458.JPG
    DSC_0458.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0459.JPG
    DSC_0459.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0461.JPG
    DSC_0461.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 18
Daz,

Yes they are hair clippers, believe they were made between 1920 and 1930 in Germany, very heavy and solid item. Seem to be adjustable but not sure, there's certainly some sort of adjustment mechanism on there but perhaps someone else knows better?

Alex

I have a large collection of these clippers, there are few British made ones as well, they also come in different sizes. For example; very small ones for children, women/ bigger ones for normal Barber use. This one is probably for house/private use as it has no attachment as grade 2,3 or 4 for hair cutting. Generally used to cut the neck hair without clipper attachment.
I hope this helps.
I have to say, if they are not sharp enough, cutting or trimming hair will be quite painful, speaking from previous experience!

Sezer74 said:
I have a large collection of these clippers, there are few British made ones as well, they also come in different sizes. For example; very small ones for children, women/ bigger ones for normal Barber use. This one is probably for house/private use as it has no attachment as grade 2,3 or 4 for hair cutting. Generally used to cut the neck hair without clipper attachment.
I hope this helps.
I have to say, if they are not sharp enough, cutting or trimming hair will be quite painful, speaking from previous experience!

I've a similar pair which I picked up for a fiver from a junk shop.
How can you tell if they need sharpening and where could I have them sharpened ?

AGIO said:
Sezer74 said:
I hope this helps.

How can you tell if they need sharpening and where could I have them sharpened ?

you can tell if they need sharpening; if its pulling/ripping sort of feeling and/or hurting and not comfortable when using it.
I don't know how to sharpen them to be honest, in an old Reader's Digest book, it tells you to lay the both comb sort clippers on a sharpening stone or lay it on a glass with corbonandrum powder with water mixture and sharpen like that. tried it on a stone and couldn't get a result. on youtube shows that, they use like round/orbital stone. but I don't have that. So I don't use them. sorry not very helpful

Sezer74 said:
AGIO said:
Sezer74 said:
I hope this helps.

you can tell if they need sharpening; if its pulling/ripping sort of feeling and/or hurting and not comfortable when using it.
I don't know how to sharpen them to be honest, in an old Reader's Digest book, it tells you to lay the both comb sort clippers on a sharpening stone or lay it on a glass with corbonandrum powder with water mixture and sharpen like that. tried it on a stone and couldn't get a result. on youtube shows that, they use like round/orbital stone. but I don't have that. So I don't use them. sorry not very helpful
thanks for the reply, I might try the back of the neck and see what happens :s
Not my neck though :icon_lol:

Back
Top Bottom