Gannet squad alert! New formula - TESTING

Hi Sharon - yes, Jaboman uses a fancy pot - a quick flick through SOTD will soon reveal a photo - here - http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-27835-page-4.html?highlight=SOTD post by 782sirbrian 04.03.14

O.K. I've found the picture; it's at page 3 of this weeks SOTD (you threw me there with the wrong date Carl). I did start offering some of my soaps in a similar pot http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/product.php?id_product=389 but they haven't proved popular, despite the 98mm diameter as opposed to my tin's 80mm. Personally, I much prefer the look of my tins, albeit wider is always good. What do others think of this?

Your tins work fine for me. Wasn't a fan of the blue pots, but I know they are being sunset.

Jabonman's plastic pots really have a little touch of added class. I think his labels look better and there's a nice silver rim that just gives it a bit of snazziness.

Most important thing is that the soap is good.. and your soap is good. Ice & Slice.. fantastic.

Thanks jb74, I didn't realise that was a silver rim, it looked white to me in the picture. Personally, I still prefer the look of my tins, but taste is individual. In an ideal world I would like my tins to be a cm wider, but can't find such an item in the right proportions in cyberspace. Does anyone know what the diameter of Jabonman's pots are?

I don't have the exact measurement of the Jabonman's as I'm in work at the moment, but they are significantly larger than your tins. I can check this evening if nobody else replies.

I quite like the tins, i have no end of plastic containers so tin is different.
Different folks for different strokes. Love the soap and like the 'signature' name too.

Jim

Aye! but they are a pot within a pot! The outer bottom is 94mm and the inner 83mm. The inside diameter is 80mm. The lid is 92mm almost so it screws down on the extended upward inner pot and buts down on the ridge formed by the outer pot. I just bet you understand that! It's made of a soft feel plastic and knocks all your containers into a cocked hat, imo, Sharon - expensive, yes - but for your new Holy Grail, just the ticket! Your up-market soap deserves an up-market container, again, imo. Jabonman just looks top-shelf long before you get at the excellent soap inside. Labels are good quality, in keeping, and applied smack-dab dead centre (as are yours, just saying).

If you sell Holy Grail in anything less than a fancy container, I shall simply transfer it to a fancy container because it deserves one! Part of my enjoyment of using Jabonman soaps is handling the pots. They also look good on my display shelves. All very girlie, perhaps, but that is the nature of pampering ourselves, n'est ce pas? You can buy fifty or a hundred fancy pots at way less per unit than I can buy one or two. If we can find them to buy!

I'm not at all sure, Sharon, that you appreciate the quality of the product you have in Holy Grail. It is high end, top notch, most excellent shaving soap - comparable to Xpec cream at £50 a throw - which comes in a nice pot! I reckon you are on a gold mine here!

Sorry if this reads a bit strong - I'm enthusiastic for you is all.

Would something like this appeal at all?
RedTinPaint_zps7585310d.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Bechet45 said:
....... I put it on over my usual prep of pre-shave oil straight out of the shower and then Proraso pre just before shaving.

Hi Carl

Interested that the oil you used didn't kill the lather. The Noxzema, just a small quantity, killed it stone dead!

Must have been the smell! :icon_razz:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shave without additional products.

globalm said:
Bechet45 said:
....... I put it on over my usual prep of pre-shave oil straight out of the shower and then Proraso pre just before shaving.

Hi Carl

Interested that the oil you used didn't kill the lather. The Noxzema, just a small quantity, killed it stone dead!

As I've said, my Noxema body cream - or whatever that product is labelled - is in the bin - or on the dump by now. It just turned to gloop when I tried it as a pre-shave several days ago.

soapalchemist said:
Would something like this appeal at all?

With your stickers to snazz it up, it would keep me happy for the time being, Sharon - but long term, not so much. I'm going to buy this soap as soon as it it ready, anyway - even in a flimsy food container! All I want is a 'Buy' button and to know how much money to send. Mind, the sample will keep me going for a few days.

I'm just crazy for your new soap. And to think of all the money I spent stocking up on out-of-production Xpec!! Arghhhhh!

Have you thought about which flavours you'll do? A scentless version?

Did Martinus Dodgyestus get a sample? Other Xpec fans/owners? How do you think it compares?

Back
Top Bottom