Gary Young LE

Perished said:
Not sure what happened to the pic, did a mod taker it down? Seemed alright yesterday... Agreed, that is quite a bit of cash for a brush, however, it does look like you get a lot of brush for your buck.

357141592.jpg

A Vulfix 404 mix will give you that for less than a tenner!

Hell, even my £4 Wilkinson boar is magnificent with soap...

Blyth Spirit said:
Perished said:
Not sure what happened to the pic, did a mod taker it down? Seemed alright yesterday... Agreed, that is quite a bit of cash for a brush, however, it does look like you get a lot of brush for your buck.

357141592.jpg

A Vulfix 404 mix will give you that for less than a tenner!

Hell, even my £4 Wilkinson boar is magnificent with soap...

True. A Ford will get you from A to B, same as a Ferrari, but ometimes it's not about the destination, no, it's all about the journey...

Now if that's not some ripe cheese for a Thursday night, then I don't know what is.... :p

Still, I think I have a point wrapped up in there somewhere.

rntdcarvalho said:
And just now that this happened!

That's really bad timming to sell such an expensive brush! :icon_razz:

Hi there,

Actually, I don't think that problem would affect Gary's product. I believe his premium badger fuzz is harvested in a very unusual and humane manner. Now Gary, feel free to correct me here, since sometimes i get the facts a little mixed up.

From what I've heard, the knots on those LE brushes are made from special free range badgers...left alone in the forests without violence. Yep, what they call 'Fuzz de Badger' is found when the wild badger moults it's heavy winter coat come springtime. You see small gossamer clumps of it sticking to low branches where the badger has brushed along. Gathered by hand of course, similar to picking cotton. Oh yeah, there might be some kinda skipping through the forest as the workers gather the elusive magical fluff.

Once again Gary, sorry if everything may not be exactly correct. It's the thought that counts.

Hope you feel better,

Martin

I think the lettering look damn cheap for such an expensive brush, and way too much text as well.
On the other hand, most people buying this will probably never use it, and use it as an investment so the lettering won't wear of :icon_cheesygrin:

Jeltz said:
"Hand made in England"
What part of England is it made in?

I suspect the engraving would just about validate that statement if not it is simply misleading, mind you laser engravers don't cost that much nowadays.

As far as I'm aware Vulfix manufacture on The Isle of Man which although a Crown Dependency isn't actually part of England unless I'm much mistaken.

I like the handles, looks like barber handles to me and I do like those, but it's no likely I'll buy one anyway, to rich for my blood.

Jeltz said:
As far as I'm aware Vulfix manufacture on The Isle of Man which although a Crown Dependency isn't actually part of England unless I'm much mistaken.

Yes, I just meant it's possible the handles were sent to England for that fancy signature engraving that may just may just qualify the brushes for a MIE classification.

Gary Young said:
Its good to see that there is no longer any animosity towards me on here!!:icon_rolleyes:

C'mon Gary, any brush with that price tag is going to come in for some close scrutiny here regardless of who makes it. I don't suppose anybody seriously doubts that it's a superior item.

Back
Top Bottom