Gem Blades from Connaught

Ok I have been using these blades in a streamline, and a mmoc. I wondered how many shaves do people get from these blades?

I am finding after two shaves the blade and shave is pants- also what is worse I am not shaving my full face - ( decided to grow a designer beard for a while) so I am literally tidying up my neck and top of the cheeks. I don't have a tough beard and never had issues with other blades in de or in my cobra.

Surely should get more than two shaves from the blade?

I also get a decent 4 shaves and have a moderately heavy beard. Are you cleaning and drying after use? - I'm just wondering if you might be getting some microscopic edge deterioration.

Three guaranteed good and all the same shaves ... sometimes four, often the fourth for me is not quite as good and so I cull the blade at that point. I always try a fourth shave ... it's either the same as the previous three or not quite the same. I don't go for five.

Hand stropping is something that I believe works with these blades and it might be voodoo, but some folks report flipping to work for them - use the blade GEM side up one day, GEM side down the next ... and so on.

Greetings

Four shaves for me perhaps five but I generally bin them anyway after four.

As York Neil said duff blades whilst uncommon are not unheard of, Neil sent me a couple to try from his duff batch and just a single stroke was all that was required to tell that something was very wrong with them.

I am not saying this is the problem but it could quite possibly be. I have had before in a 100 box, a blade with no spine and a blade that had not been honed at all.

Regards
Dick.

Hi thanks for the input - I do tend to wipe blade after use and dry.

Ok I have another pack will open that and see what results I get.

Thanks every one.

quote='Norfolkdick' pid='375430' dateline='1403545121']
Greetings

Four shaves for me perhaps five but I generally bin them anyway after four.

As York Neil said duff blades whilst uncommon are not unheard of, Neil sent me a couple to try from his duff batch and just a single stroke was all that was required to tell that something was very wrong with them.

I am not saying this is the problem but it could quite possibly be. I have had before in a 100 box, a blade with no spine and a blade that had not been honed at all.

Regards
Dick.
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom