Gentlemen's Tonic shaving cream criticism

Having just finished of a pot of T&H cream, I spotted a tube of Gentlemen's Tonic babassu and bergamot in my cupboard.
I can't remember where or when I got it but I thought I'd give it a try.
I put the normal amount in the palm of my hand and lathered up.
Very thin weak foam. Doubled the amount of cream to no effect.
On application it lost all froth and just became a transparent coating just like when I wash my face with soap.
Anyone had the same problems?

I am very disappointed and this barely used tube is now free to a good home - pm me

I had that one and like you I tried once and passed it on/threw it away, can't remember. Totally useless and the smell was a bit off putting.

there was a tube of that in one of the PIFs going round - i thought it smelled off - like vegetable oil.

i didnt waste a shave on it - probably best avoided

As I had no idea what Babassu was, I looked it up:
Babassu oil comes from from the kernels of the Babassu palm and is a non-drying oil It is high in lauric and myristic acids. These acids have melting points that are close to the human body temperature so, when applied, babassu oil draws the heat from the skin to initiate melting. Therefore, the transfer of the heat creates a cooling sensation on the skin. Babassu oil also forms a protective, soothing coat when applied to the skin as well as a pleasant, smooth feeling.

Could it be that body temp causes the lather to melt???

flip-68 said:
I suppose poor dmpl is stuck with his tube of this ghastly stuff now :)

I am, unless someone out there wants to prove how bad it is by using it - they can have it post free :angel:

Back
Top Bottom