Gillette Nacet Stainless – A revelation

I recently received a packet of Nacet Stainless blades with an order from The Shaving Time Co. I wasn't expecting anything special, it being ‘just' another Gillette blade, but was I blown away.

I didn't think I would find a production blade that would trump my favourites, Polsilver SI, Perma-Sharp Super, Indian 7 O'Clock Black or Personna Lab, but I think this blade has done just that. Very sharp yet as smooth as they come, with excellent longevity of +/- 5 shaves from one blade without noticeable deterioration. I don't have to wait till the second or third shave for it to reach optimum smoothness, it's there from the very first stroke. And the packaging is very cool :)

I've ordered 100 from Jordan via eBay. Price is in line with Polsilver SI and other premium blades.

I'm sold!
wp25432d4d_05_06.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't think I would find a production blade that would trump my favourites, Polsilver SI, Perma-Sharp Super, Indian 7 O'Clock Black or Personna Lab, but I think this blade has done just that. Very sharp yet as smooth as they come, with excellent longevity of +/- 5 shaves from one blade

Now this is very interesting to me! Although I'm really not a fan on the Blacks, the Labs and Perma-Sharps are the best of my bunch. I really like the PSI but I don't find it as good in all the razors I have, as the other two. I haven't used a bad blade from St.Petersburg and really have only the Nacet and Rubie to try. I'll have to get some soon, thanks for this.

Now this is very interesting to me! Although I'm really not a fan on the Blacks, the Labs and Perma-Sharps are the best of my bunch. I really like the PSI but I don't find it as good in all the razors I have, as the other two. I haven't used a bad blade from St.Petersburg and really have only the Nacet and Rubie to try. I'll have to get some soon, thanks for this.
Rubies are excellent..and the Nacet too. Highly recommended. Basically they are sharp enough to chop a crocodile in half. This is one of the primary variables I look for when selecting a blade. Later alligator!

I've got a couple of packs of Nacets, but they have no country of origin on them. However, they do have some Indian-style writing on the ends of the packs which makes me think that mine may be non-Russian.

Haven't tried them yet (so many blades, so little time) as I'm right out of crocodiles at the moment.

I've got a couple of packs of Nacets, but they have no country of origin on them. However, they do have some Indian-style writing on the ends of the packs which makes me think that mine may be non-Russian.

Haven't tried them yet (so many blades, so little time) as I'm right out of crocodiles at the moment.
I'm no expert but could it be arabic? They seem to be marketed in the Middle Eastern market mostly from what I can see.

es5a11.jpg

Yes, I think you're right, most likely Arabic. I do have some India-made blades that have a script-like font on them, but it's not the same style as these.

Front and back of the packets are the same too, none of the usual India "all taxes paid" type text or any other details.

Recently, I gifted a shave buddy some blades in a deal & among these were a Rubie & a Nacet Stainless. He's elderly & started shaving in the late 50's I believe with a Super-Speed. He told me that the Rubie was the best blade he had ever used, but that for the first shave it was a tad rough for him. That said, he loved the Nacet Stainless from the first stroke. For me the Rubie smooths out after a few strokes, but I agree with him about the Nacet Stainless and truth be known it was my favorite blade until I tried the Rubie.

es5a11.jpg

Yes, I think you're right, most likely Arabic. I do have some India-made blades that have a script-like font on them, but it's not the same style as these.

Front and back of the packets are the same too, none of the usual India "all taxes paid" type text or any other details.
It's Arabic. The Nacets from Connaught are also in Arabic.

After 3 days of a Nacet blade in my Standard razor, I decided to use my Shavecraft 102 with an Astra Platinum. There's quite some difference, which shows that, although the Astra isn't too bad a blade, the Nacet is vastly better.

I have more Nacet supplies en route from the Middle East.

Back
Top Bottom