Gillette Slim Adjustable

Afternoon all,

So I'm not looking for anyone to sell me a slim on here. I know the BST is suspended, but I am after advice on where I could look to pick one up. Executive Shaving are getting some in and although I'd love to be able to afford their prices, I just can't. I could maybe push to £100 so if anyone knows anywhere (preferably UK based) that I could look I'd be grateful. Wanted to slim since I got into traditional wet shaving.

Thanks in advance

Not much help but I think you would be better waiting. £100 for a slim seems a bit much. About 5 years ago I got an as well as unused slim. and a superspeed in the same condition from america for I think £43 delivered. Can't imagine prices have gone up that much.

Afternoon all,

So I'm not looking for anyone to sell me a slim on here. I know the BST is suspended, but I am after advice on where I could look to pick one up. Executive Shaving are getting some in and although I'd love to be able to afford their prices, I just can't. I could maybe push to £100 so if anyone knows anywhere (preferably UK based) that I could look I'd be grateful. Wanted to slim since I got into traditional wet shaving.

Thanks in advance
Have you tried shaving with one? There's a Fatboy pass-around you could sign up to that will give you a chance to see if it's something you really want. There's not a massive difference between the Fatboy and the Slim.

Not much help but I think you would be better waiting. £100 for a slim seems a bit much. About 5 years ago I got an as well as unused slim. and a superspeed in the same condition from america for I think £43 delivered. Can't imagine prices have gone up that much.

I wouldn't want to pay that much, but if it was mint I'd be willing to pay up to that amount.

Have you tried shaving with one? There's a Fatboy pass-around you could sign up to that will give you a chance to see if it's something you really want. There's not a massive difference between the Fatboy and the Slim.

To be honest I want the slim purely for the iconic side of things rather than the shave. I know the heads are pretty much the same, but it's just the kid in me wanting one.

Afternoon all,

So I'm not looking for anyone to sell me a slim on here. I know the BST is suspended, but I am after advice on where I could look to pick one up.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Gillette adjustables are best purchased from a seller who knows what a good one looks and shaves like. Easy for 50-60 year old delicate working piece to get thrown outta whack, so to speak. Tolerances can be messed up. Ebay sellers.......it's a real crap shoot what's delivered.

Sadly, I am not going out these days so no help here. I'd guess a Slim in better than average shape will run about $50-60 or so, uncased. Maybe message anyone selling it about it being used by them, or if the safety bar blade is aligned right and the adjuster does work. Stuff like that can be the more common issues.

Maybe some of this will help, but not for sourcing any beauties. Oh, the black Super Adjustables to me shave like a Slim on my face. The short handle version is also a nice option.

Oh, I just saw the latest OP post.

Martin

..... I'd love to be able to afford their prices, I just can't. I could maybe push to £100 so if anyone knows anywhere (preferably UK based) that I could look I'd be grateful. Wanted to slim since I got into traditional wet shaving.

Thanks in advance
There are plenty from USA but the postage is really high; don't need to go above £50 though. Be patient and something on *bay from a UK/EU seller will turn up.

I got one from ebay, the adjuster did not work at all, I was gutted, I contacted the seller and he refunded my in full, said to keep the razor too. I glued it in the no:2 position and it shaves fine, everything squares up etc....but it was not what I really wanted so I got another, it had been cleaned in a sonic bath...it was immaculate and perfect on all checks, I think I paid £35 for that one. I dont know it the broken one can be repaired, I am unfamiliar opening up these Gillette's.

There are plenty from USA but the postage is really high; don't need to go above £50 though. Be patient and something on *bay from a UK/EU seller will turn up.

I managed to get one from Singapore that looked pretty nice. Had been cleaned and inspected and was £50 including tracked shipping. Hoping it turns up, but I'll prepare myself for it not.

Doh!...I got BB's on the brain, both of mine are in better nick, but I did pay more, my slim was gifted to me, I really like the Black Beauty's though.

Back
Top Bottom