Gillette St.Petersburg DE Blade Production Moving?

There is some forum chat about P&G's St Petersburg plant moving/suspending/closing??? DE blade production. This is what I could find after a brief search...

"Last week, Gillette’s parent company, Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble, said it halted all “new capital investments’’ in Russia, as well as advertising and promotional activity. The conglomerate — which owns consumer goods brands such as Tide, Swiffer, and Crest — said it is “significantly reducing’’ its Russian production to “basic health, hygiene and personal care items needed by the many Russian families.’’

"P&G CEO Jon Moeller announced on Monday the company has suspended operations in Ukraine and is discontinuing all new capital investments in Russia...P&G will significantly reduce its product portfolio in the country (Russia)."

Update on P&G's European Operations —

Wet shavers that measure their blade stash in decades can smile wryly, but new wet shavers may have less choice going forward...

Last edited:
Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

I must confess I don't have a huge amount of blade stock as I always bought just a few pucks in search for THE blade. I do however get along with blades from different manufactures so it won't be the end of the world for me.

Last edited:
I think if push comes to shove, the members of TSR could keep the uk in blades for a few years no problem. (y) I know I won't need to buy blades again even if I live to be 120ish. :ROFLMAO:

Do not weep for P&G/Gillette for they have other facilities on the World. They will merely transfer over and pass on the costs. Their Chinese & Indian made blades are just as good. ;)

I realised last time I bought some AC blades that if I get 10 shaves from 1 blade, and there are 20 in a dispenser, that's 200 days, and my last order was 1 of Kai Pink and one of Feather Pro, so that's over a year of ACSE. Add in the assortment of DE blades I've either bought or been kindly given by others on here, that's about 150, which if we conservatively say is 3 shaves per blade to allow for some that I'll hate, that's another year and a bit. So basically I have 850 days in which to learn how to get an edge I'm happy with on my straights. Place yer bets!

'[P&G] said it is “significantly reducing’’ its Russian production to “basic health, hygiene and personal care items needed by the many Russian families.’’ '

The Russians came up with the Beard Tax, so if DE blades aren't included in things needed by the many Russian families I don't know what is. Although tbf the beard tax was quite a while ago, almost long enough for some on here to get through their stash.

Back
Top Bottom