Gillette Super Adjustable A.K.A. Black Beauty

Dr Dulcamara said:
Hello. Do you know at what dial number in the Slim, is comparable the blade exposure with the 50's Super Speed Flare Tip, please?

What's up Doc (said in my best Bugs Bunny voice),

To me, the superspeed feels like it's set to around #5 on the Slim. Many fixed head Gillettes such as the US made Aristocrat/Diplomat/President family and some Tech versions seem to be preset around the same adjustable #5 as well...maybe just a tad milder for the Tech. The Slim, Super Adjustable (Black Beauty), and Fatboy all have somewhat the same amount of bite on the same settings., which is not to say they all shave the same. Not at all.

The fixed head Gillettes become more aggressive when you add an open comb to the mix. Those can run the gamut from the #5 setting to all the way off the charts,

You may get some differing opinions, which is to be expected in this goofy 'hobby'

Martin

What's doin Teddy,

Man, that is one hell of a good review. Whew.

dodgy said:
What's doin Teddy,

Man, that is one hell of a good review. Whew.
Had a week camping in the arse end of beyond with the family and have been using the S1 BB every day. Nice shaves with the Gillette Yellows on days 1-3 then I swapped to my only other blade in the bag - a Crown Red Stripe.
Horrible. Rough as a badgers bum (and we saw quite a few of them) - Back to the Yellows on my return home.

225931_16382287837_667022837_536804_5324_a.jpg

I tried to grab one to get some new bristles for my brush... It had other ideas....

Back
Top Bottom