Gillette Super Platinum - Indian

Has anybody else tried these?

I know the Russian ones get a good write up but, for me, these have been absolutely awful. Up there with the Derby in terms of shiteness.

They bit me in the Milord, mauled me viciously in the Bostonian and the only reason they didn't bite me tonight is due to the excellence of the New.

I shall not be using these again!

Tall_Paul said:
Has anybody else tried these?

I know the Russian ones get a good write up but, for me, these have been absolutely awful. Up there with the Derby in terms of shiteness.

They bit me in the Milord, mauled me viciously in the Bostonian and the only reason they didn't bite me tonight is due to the excellence of the New.

I shall not be using these again!

Odd, for me, these are one of (if not the) best blade I've tried. Smooth and sharp in ever razor I've tried them in so far.

Also, the Russian blades are a dark blue packet, rather than black which the Indian come in. The Russian Blue variant I found to be rough - nowhere near as comfortable as the Indian Blacks.

pedro083 said:
Just checking you do mean the 7 O'Clock variety of platinums

Havin just looked at EBay I don't mean those above. These aren't in a black packet, they're in a blue one like the ones on the Connaught site.

On the paper sleeve round the blade they say Gillette Platinum.

Tall_Paul said:
Havin just looked at EBay I don't mean those above. These aren't in a black packet, they're in a blue one like the ones on the Connaught site.

The ones on Connaughts are Russian.

Hax said:
Tall_Paul said:

The ones on Connaughts are Russian.

I know! These look exactly the same but are made in India.

Back
Top Bottom