Gillette Swedes or

Gillette Platina blades was sold in Portuguese and Spanish markets long time ago, I am asap showing some pics.
Here you have three pics taken for a friend, he bought the blades 30 years ago o maybe before in Portugal:
11mf04k.jpg

2a5x7ys.jpg

2pqj6sk.jpg

milo: Portuguese/Spanish: Distributed by Gillette Portugal.
mine: Swedish/Scandinavian: I think blister pack said Distributed by Gillette Köpenhamn, London, Oslo, Stockholm
both: called Platina but with slightly different designs could be the same blades or could be different
mine: Made in England
milo?

Last edited:
After a search I just found this pic showing a blister pack in Swedish, mine was rather plain in blue and white stating Gillette Platinum, but this one is Platina and translated the sales pitch is: "New. Even better than Super Silver. Try the supplied extra blades. If not happy you get your money back." As for dating this it is not after 1978 because that year the department store EPA changed the name to TEMPO. Price was 8.75 kronor and to compare a Bruce Spingsteen album would have been about 30 kronor if I remember correctly. :)
gillette_platina.jpg

Last edited:
I´m sorry for the delay in replying properly. I realized a few days agoI had a packet of Gillette Platina blades gifted for my friend (the same who bought blade of my pics)
I just take four pics:

Comrades, as you can see in the first pic when my friend bought some Gillette Platina packets there was only one factory in Iberian peninsula, almost certainly in Seville, Spain, so there wasn't a factory in Portugal

Gillette platinum
gillette-platinum-ricambi-5-pz.jpg
as shown above is the better option of all these.I found recently in local shop 4 packs of swedes and they don't seem to be greater than the regular-discontinued-platinums!

Back
Top Bottom