Going to Spain

Airberlin is having valentine promotions so I just now booked a return flight to Barcelona , so that means I will go to Spain.

So now I'm wondering what for budget shaving products are a must have to buy, I already got La Toja, but I have heard off Lea shaving stick and shaving cream.

But I'm only interested in shaving creams or shaving sticks below € 2,50 and for aftershaves I would say € 5 a € 8. And also the products need to easily available, so that I won't need waste to much time.

So what are the must buys in Spain on a low budget?

I read Myrsol was even in Spain hard to find? About the Floid I read as well and that might be interesting depending on the price, but aren't those splashes? But even if I would not use splashes by myself, mine father uses them gladly.

Have you never considered spending a little bit more than a few pence on stuff?

We're a long time dead, you know?

joe mcclaine said:
Have you never considered spending a little bit more than a few pence on stuff?

We're a long time dead, you know?
Well only when its a brand like Speick then I might be willing to spend a little more, like say about € 6 for a asb I would be willing to pay.

But in general no because budget products work good as well and sometimes even better then 5 times more expensive stuff.

Gravy said:
Floid aftershaves and balm are all very good, also grab plenty of Lea sticks, they are one of my favourite soaps, as sticks or grated.
Ah great Floid got a balm as well :) I'm diffidently interested in Floid and Lea shaving stick as this stuff ofcourse is going be local in Spain much cheaper, as when its imported by an webshop then they triple the price often.

Greetings

My take on the readily available supermarket stuff is this:-

Lea Stick (Tallow and Glycerine) also now sold as Bea I do not know why, the same reason as Jif and Cif whatever that is? anyway excellent soap.

Vegee Stick, a vegetable shave stick made by Lea..complete crap IMHO

Lea Cream, sensitive , standard and menthol:- works well enough but an also ran cream.

La Toja Stick (Veggie) Superb, as are their creams, both the sensitive and the standard.

Williams Cream, Nivea Cream both ok but I think you can get them both in Holland.

La Toja Balms aftershaves etc all ok in my opinion.

Floid Balms aftershaves etc, all very nice.

All of the above are either dirt cheap or relatively cheap so should appeal to you!

Regards
Dick.

Ah thanks that a really useful list, yes the Williams shaving cream I already bought in France and Nivea in germany. That brand Lea got a lot off shaving cream, I wonder how I can make a choice or I just end up buying most Lea products.

But it looks like in Spain I can get plenty off cheap shaving stuff, so I going sell some off mine current stock before I go to Spain ;)

Hi mate!

Some more recommendations:

- Brummel aftershave: classy and vintage scent, get a try!
- Kinesia Artic aftershave: realiable and cheap
- don't forget LEA mentholated balm
- Omega shaving soap is really cheap in El Corte Ingles stores
- Myrsol aftershaves are hard to find but... they are made in Barcelona! Go to their small family central store if you can, they are really friendly and helpful... and you could try all of the range:

http://www.myrsol-cosmetica.com/donde-estamos

cheers!

I'm getting the idea that Lea shaving creams are inferior in comparison with La Toja shaving cream, although the menthol version is supposed to be very good according to this user on theshaveden.

Sezer74 said:
What about buying this stuff? sounds very interesting and if you can get plenty I would buy one from you.http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/StephenPhotoBucket/shavegel.jpg
I have given this a thought as well, and I might be willing to do so, the only problem is I can't guarantee if I would find everything.

And if I can find it then shipping to UK or other Europe countries would cost about € 9. But I think I can probably easy find the La Toja stuff and Lea and then I should probably be able to find Floid as well.

But two weeks before I go to Spain I will be going to Czech as well and then I would bring shaving stuff with me back as well. Oh what's that aftershave gel about? ;)

Hi!

You won't have any problem to find LEA & La Toja & Foid products, as they are almost in any supermarket.

BTW I forgot: if you want a quality spanish shaving range (although much more expensive) take a look to "Alvarez Gomez Barberia" range: shaving cream, after shave balm and cologne. They really worth the money and you'll find them easily in El Corte Ingles stores.

Cheers!

Ah great to hear, as I'm really the person to enter expensive shopping malls, so I would just check out supermarkets ( I have to get some drink for inside the hotel room anyway ), are drugstores common in Spain?

Actually to me the La Toja already sound like quality shaving products to me and people across the ocean in the USA are willing to pay triple or four times the price for it. But is mine feeling correct that LEA shaving cream isnt as good as La Toja? Or would it only be the scent? From the stick I heard they improved it.

Is the Omega shaving soap really a Spanish shaving soap? As I searched on it and people said its from Italy?

Back
Top Bottom