Greetings from Derbyshire

Hi All,

Just thought I would check in from Derbyshire.

I love everything shaving related, so this site is right up my alley.

I'm currently using a Merkur 34C, Merkur 42C and Merkur 570 Progress on the DE front, I like short handled razors!

I'm also starting to experiment with a Thiers Issard Le Dandy SE at the moment.

I use Proraso pre shave cream, Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving cream put on with an Art of Shaving Silver Hair Brush, Feather or Derby blades, Alum Bloc, Proraso Aftershave Cream and finish off with a splash of either Bay Spice or English Leather.

I have also used Geo F Trumper Skin Foods as well.

I am starting to build a nice collection of balms and splashes now.

Speak soon.

Neil.

782sirbrian said:
Hello and welcome to TSR from across the border South Yorkshire.
Plenty of advice and encouragement from the good people on here.
Hold on to your wallet :icon_rolleyes:

Ha ha, thanks Brian. I am already talking to UKRob about a SR

Welcome fellow Derbinian,

I'm sure you'll have fun and find plenty to prise your wallet open. Although it looks like you're well on your way to fully blown DE acquisition disorder!

happy shaving
Adam

beejay said:
Hello and welcome to TSR.
Regards, beejay

Thanks for the welcome beejay

superflyguy said:
Welcome fellow Derbinian,

I'm sure you'll have fun and find plenty to prise your wallet open. Although it looks like you're well on your way to fully blown DE acquisition disorder!

happy shaving
Adam

Adam, thank you for the welcome, you are certainly the most local so far!

I am well and truly addicted now and am always on the look out for new razors, brushes, creams etc etc.

I've just ordered a vintage Wade and Butcher SR from UKRob, so am looking forward to receiving that.

Am going to the grand opening of the Traditional Shaving Shop's new shop in Leeds on Saturday as well, so I'm sure I won't come away from there empty handed!

Welcome. Now go get your wallet, give any money to someone responsible and tear up your credit and debit cards. "It's much cheaper is this DE shaving thing, honestly". Dont believe 'em, they lie the fiends.

Dashed good fun all the same.

Derbyshire, eh? The land of William Lennon boots. Cannae be a bad place even though it's in Englandshire.

Gairdner said:
Welcome. Now go get your wallet, give any money to someone responsible and tear up your credit and debit cards. "It's much cheaper is this DE shaving thing, honestly". Dont believe 'em, they lie the fiends.

Dashed good fun all the same.

Derbyshire, eh? The land of William Lennon boots. Cannae be a bad place even though it's in Englandshire.

Gairdner, you couldn't be closer to the truth! It is such an addictive "hobby", this shaving lark. Razors and shaving paraphernalia are to me, what handbags are to the missus!

William Lennon boots...amazing pieces of kit. I have a well loved pair of hobnails, complete with actual hob nails and steel ring (read horseshoe) heel and tip!

Aye, I fancy the B5 boot with steel horseshoe heel, flat gripper nails in the sole and the amazingly tough reverse-tanned waxed kip rough out leather in brown. Ordered my first pair yesterday which should arrive in time for my birthday - 78PTCs with around 8 or 9 different customisations!

Back
Top Bottom