Greetings from the Netherlands

henkverhaar said:
Millay said:
Hi Henk

Im confused by your email address, there appears to be no @ sign, im guessing its something to do with my limited knowledge of dutch :)

The actual name of the @ sign is aleph...

Ops i think i need a dunces hat.. sorry..

[engage brain]i shall try again...[/engage brain]

Welcome Henk

honesty is definately what you'll get here, as Adam says i'm also willing to sacrifice my time to pass judgement on your soap :hungrig

Hando

I am equally prepared to offer my patronage to this project - always ready to help a comrade.
What will be particularly interesting is that people in hard, medium and soft water areas will be testing the same soap.
Email sent.

SirPrize said:
What will be particularly interesting is that people in hard, medium and soft water areas will be testing the same soap.
Email sent.

Yeah, which reminds me that I still have to find a source for a calcium/magnesium sequestrator. You know, some ingredients lists on shaving soaps have sodium EDTA (or edetate), sodium etidronate, or sodium pentetate, or even all three of them, somewhere at the end of the list. These don't do much for the soap itself, but will take care of excessive amounts of calcium and magnesium in hard water. This will counteract the deleterious effects of these metals on the latherability of the soap, and will prevent, to a certain extent, the formation of soap scum on your sink/basin surface, brush and razor.

Haven't been able to source a cosmetics-grade supply yet, but this is definitely something that needs to be taken care of...

Henk

hando said:
http://www.dwi.gov.uk/pubs/hardness/index.htm

To anyone in the dark hatched areas I strongly recommend investing in a water softener. I am sure that my lathering abilities would be impeded if it weren't for this invaluable piece of equipment. The weird thing is that we had it fitted years ago, a long time before I started using soaps and creams! Who'd have thought it?! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom