Greetings To One & All

Hello to everyone,

I'm new to DE shaving but find myself thinking this somehow feels "right". I've been thinking of trying the experience for along time – whenever I encounter a man on a supermarket checkout the conversation invariably leads to "the price of blades". Memories of my first shaving experience with my father's chrome DE Gillette (not sure of model) gave me reasons to be keen to give it a go but also skirt away from the idea – very sharp or blunt blades; toilet paper and styptic pencil etc. I've always preferred solid metal and chrome cars etc and the DE razors look like they could be very addictive. Anyway, I'm here to read and learn – then hopefully one day I'll be able to share experiences and advice as well. And finally, although I've lived all over the place I do think it's great that this site is based in the UK so well done to you all.

Thanks for introducing yourself Jon - welcome to TSR. Though I'm not by a long chalk on of our resident razor experts, I suspect the Gillette you first used might have been nickel-plated, unless it was one of the last DE types they made, in which case it would haver been part plastic.

Hi & very welcome JonW. If you like handling solid, well engineered items with the feel of yesteryear but the performance of today I kinda suspect that you may turn out to be a Merkur man. Not to mention the myriad of reasonable priced razors of many manufacturers & varying types which still give sterling service after decades of usage. Take your time & enjoy the journey. Look forward to hearing of your likes and dislikes as you try some "stuff" out.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom