Greetings.....

G

GrandslamTim

Hi all,

Just a short intro to explain my introduction to DE wet shaving.

I purchased a EJ DE89 shaver back in October for my 50th as I wanted to 'enjoy' shaving years after using your common cartridge razors and an electric razor which I still use during weekdays for a quick morning 'scrape'.

Well after buying the DE89 with supplied Derby blades and a nice badger and Taylors of Bond St sandalwood cream I was really nervous, and yes I managed to turn the sink water a distinct red colour after bodging my first 2 shaves.. ouch....

But after a bit of research I quickly realised that my cutting angle was all wrong, and after some re-adjustment I hardly get cut even using feather blades !

Now I tend to use the DE shaver on a weekend where I can spend some quality time having a real shave, and dont I feel good when I do!!!!!!!!!!
There is something quite special after having a close shave and how cheaper it is compared to cartridge shaving !

Hoping to get some more good tips on creams/soaps/balms off people on this forum to further my shaving experience.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi Tim, welcome to TSR :)

Now that you've got your technique sorted, I rather think that you're pretty much there. The Taylor's cream is good stuff in my opinion, but there are plenty of other options to explore from the humble 50p Palmolive stick to the £40 French bespoke stuff favoured by the forum pastor.

Hi Tim, welcome to TSR. TOBS is good shaving cream but that won't stop you trying something else, and nor should it. Wait til you fancy another razor with more bite. Then a new brush. Etc etc ad infinitum.. Enjoy!

As for saving money !!! lol

Lol yes, but hey its a lot more fun than cracking another 3 blade package open! ..... and as for those tin of synthetic shaving gels...

GrandslamTim

Hi Tim - welcome to TSR - keep an eye on the weekly acquistions threads and shave of the day threads for ideas of what to buy, and then make sure you check out the BST section as there are often lots of good buys to be had there ;)

Most importantly, enjoy you stay :)

Back
Top Bottom