Grinders

Steve's correct, there's only one person that can know what you really like. I've been drinking espresso for well over 10 years now (and I've had 5 machines) and I don't go for filter coffee any more (maybe now and then, at social events, when there's no other option). I like espresso and espresso milk drinks the most, that simple.

Mikael said:
Steve's correct, there's only one person that can know what you really like. I've been drinking espresso for well over 10 years now (and I've had 5 machines) and I don't go for filter coffee any more (maybe now and then, at social events, when there's no other option). I like espresso and espresso milk drinks the most, that simple.

Very true Mikael although I do like the look of your expresso and sometimes have a quick one from the A C S when I am getting my coffee. Its all about getting what you like and what gives you the most pleasure and it looks like although we like different coffee we have found what suits us........:icon_cheesygrin:

I'll confess to being a coffee obsessive. I have a commercial Elektra machine and La Cimbali grinder, and roast my own beans in a custom converted gas BBQ. But it does mean my morning cuppa looks like this:
[attachment=4343]

So it can get well out of hand :icon_rolleyes: - and you can end up with the equivalent of the jaws of life to cut your toenails (great line - not mine)

Any of Gaggia MDF, Rancilio Rocky, or Iberital suggested will be a fine match for the Gaggia and give you excellent results. Have a look on toomuchcoffee.com for a more euro flavour might find some secondhand gear as well

Attachments

• August 114 (640x480).jpg
    August 114 (640x480).jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 20
Fido said:
For someone who uses packets of ground coffee in a filter coffee machine or cafetiere the whole process of selecting beans, grinding and making expresso in more sophisticated machines is a daunting prospect.

There are many types of coffee making machines you could adopt but buying a decent grinder would be a full proof investment for whatever you end up using.

I'm sure you'll approach this with your usual thoroughness Peter and yes the choices can be daunting. I'd start with the coffee you currently like in bean form, freshly grind it and brew in your usual machine. See where that takes you.

antdad said:
Fido said:
For someone who uses packets of ground coffee in a filter coffee machine or cafetiere the whole process of selecting beans, grinding and making expresso in more sophisticated machines is a daunting prospect.

There are many types of coffee making machines you could adopt but buying a decent grinder would be a full proof investment for whatever you end up using.

I'm sure you'll approach this with your usual thoroughness Peter and yes the choices can be daunting. I'd start with the coffee you currently like in bean form, freshly grind it and brew in your usual machine. See where that takes you.

That really does seem a very practical first step.

Thanks for all the contributions.

Steve, where did you get the grinder from?

missingskin said:
So after talking to the man in the A.C.S he suggested one of these.
img0577tv.jpg

Ok you have to wind the handle yourself, but 1 hopper full grinds enough coffee for 1 pot and the difference between that and the blade grinder in unbelievable. No more over grinding, burning of the beans or sludge in the bottom of the mug. And the same coffee tastes much different. I should add it is ceramic grinder.

Back
Top Bottom