GSC toggle replica anyone on here pre order one ?

Hi Gents
as in the title has anyone on here pre ordered one i did back in December and I have sent global shave club a few emails and even a message on WhatsApp asking how the progress was going and when would they would be roughly looking at shipping them out they never had the decency to even give me a reply so a a couple of weeks a go I contacted them on PayPal and still no reply so just put a claim in this evening just wondering guys is anyone else in the same boat ?

GSC are one of the ones that I was warned of years ago. IMO they don't deserve our custom.
I'd say there's a thread here with the info I'm regurgitating.

GSC are one of the ones that I was warned of years ago. IMO they don't deserve our custom.
I'd say there's a thread here with the info I'm regurgitating.
Yeah its just the poor lack of communication and the fact that there is no photos or posts of their actual work or progress you would think they would be putting teasers out

If that’s the standard of their customer service i would hate to see the standard of the product.
Companies like them should be named & shamed
Yeah Mike I thought i would take the punt with them as the specs looked OK stainless handle etc and thought it might be an ok razor but its all just went pure quiet on the WhatsApp they actually read my message but didn't reply

this is a bad thing to find out about... the idea has merit and has never been done, a faithful replica due to the actual production methods.

but looking at the toggle, they PRE ORDERED all 350 they wanted to sell, and are SELLING them on their website at the listed cost that ONLY people who pre ordered,and pre paid them were supposed to pay..

but alot of their "replica razors" are standard wieshi razor heads with slightly different handles...

this is a bad thing to find out about... the idea has merit and has never been done, a faithful replica due to the actual production methods.

but looking at the toggle, they PRE ORDERED all 350 they wanted to sell, and are SELLING them on their website at the listed cost that ONLY people who pre ordered,and pre paid them were supposed to pay..

but alot of their "replica razors" are standard wieshi razor heads with slightly different handles...
Yeah they are just a a dodgy outfit if they had replied and said they were having issues or it was delayed I would have said fair enough but no reply whatsoever think they scammed alot of people with that one

Yeah they are just a a dodgy outfit if they had replied and said they were having issues or it was delayed I would have said fair enough but no reply whatsoever think they scammed alot of people with that one
alot of what their website shows, i am genuinely curious as to wether they actually have anything more then a website, like per say, actual product to sell. As some items seem to have photos taken from 3 razors with slightly different dimensions.

Old thread guys but got a reply from global shave club the toggle isn't going ahead so heads up for anyone who pre ordered one please see below email

Dear Customer,​

As you may know our Toggle is being made in Pakistan. As you may also know there is a climate crisis in Pakistan. One third of the country is under water due to a severe monsoon season. Unfortunately our finished production of Toggle razors was destroyed by flood waters at the shipment point.

Global Shave Clubs paid for the Toggle razors that were manufactured, as they were in the process of being shipped. We are a tiny company, yet to make a profit, and this represents a huge loss which we cannot cover. But we are an honest company, so I went and took out a personal loan to cover the transactions.

I want to send you a refund for your purchase however this is problematic. PayPal only handles refunds up to 180 days old, and if you paid us directly and your credit card is no longer active, your bank will not know where to post the funds.

This leaves us with two choices.

The first is to offer a merchandise credit for the payment we received.

The second is to issue a check, which would take us six to eight weeks to process.

Please reply to this email and let me know how you would like me to address this situation.

We deeply apologize for any financial hardship that you have suffered as a result of this situation, and we will do everything in our power to mitigate your lost investment.
I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate circumstance.

I await your reply to info@globalshave.club.

Sheldon
y

Old thread guys but got a reply from global shave club the toggle isn't going ahead so heads up for anyone who pre ordered one please see below email

Dear Customer,​

As you may know our Toggle is being made in Pakistan. As you may also know there is a climate crisis in Pakistan. One third of the country is under water due to a severe monsoon season. Unfortunately our finished production of Toggle razors was destroyed by flood waters at the shipment point.

Global Shave Clubs paid for the Toggle razors that were manufactured, as they were in the process of being shipped. We are a tiny company, yet to make a profit, and this represents a huge loss which we cannot cover. But we are an honest company, so I went and took out a personal loan to cover the transactions.

I want to send you a refund for your purchase however this is problematic. PayPal only handles refunds up to 180 days old, and if you paid us directly and your credit card is no longer active, your bank will not know where to post the funds.

This leaves us with two choices.

The first is to offer a merchandise credit for the payment we received.

The second is to issue a check, which would take us six to eight weeks to process.

Please reply to this email and let me know how you would like me to address this situation.

We deeply apologize for any financial hardship that you have suffered as a result of this situation, and we will do everything in our power to mitigate your lost investment.
I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate circumstance.

I await your reply to info@globalshave.club.

Sheldon
y
Will be interesting to see if people get their refunds. A loan for this seems unusual - wouldn't his business insurance cover it?

Will be interesting to see if people get their refunds. A loan for this seems unusual - wouldn't his business insurance cover it?
I got my refund via PayPal a while back funny though I did get a email from them before this one saying they were shipping the toggles out to backers in September hopefully people get there money back

Back
Top Bottom