Guess the razor....

I don't know what it's called, but you push the back of the top down and it opens just enough to put the blade in.

It does indeed!

AL9nZEUtKxujZ1gjvKXk4KOzCpGfue9rpnZkUbrD9t5YnLZlgz4K2gbW2kqtqaQay-bQepHEocZ0riMZmSCPAaGinKB7ZKduEtrbRI-Tvb6NUJNSYftK3zetOvrtVxiVkLWEy78nYYaEiCXExAIp-_DPiaGPkQ=w1200

Loaded with an injector blade.

So, we know it's a "one of the companies that became ASR" ... it's not a Kampfe, Star or Yankee and it (oddly) doesn't take a GEM-style blade.

Zizz!

I think I've heard it referred to as a Zinn Gem Automatic ?

PS - I figured you're Zizz were hints too but couldn't recall the name besides Zinn ;)

Ding! Ding! We have a winner! You, Dave ... win a massive bag o' nowt other than the respect of your peers. Priceless.

Yeah, Zinn Gem Automatic.

AL9nZEXZd_bMFuodCdcwBZMIruH8WdXPV6mb-4_CIP5_4EtzB0QDgIo5LP7hYUE-y5pPwdmM7Kbv7GF5O8k8SUtl9xcMlBXGAvRvg7QfztsmLuQq9NBhtLXFjFSx7p-MpN2bG4LBptXXAareARQTE0BRTVYIxw=w1200

Oddly, it's doesn't take a GEM ... oddly, because it is a Gem.

I've played similar games on forums, which we usually give the winner 24 hours to post a fresh challenge or it goes open to anyone. If @ATG (who started this thread) is in favour of that stipulation, let's carry on.

Playing on with another non-wedge and non-Gem blade (Propietary blade) When I 1st got it I called it TRWNN - The Razor With No Name but have since found it's identity and I know it's legitimate name :cool:
IMG_20230111_143929190.jpg

Last edited:
I've played similar games on forums, which we usually give the winner 24 hours to post a fresh challenge or it goes open to anyone. If @ATG (who started this thread) is in favour of that stipulation, let's carry on.
No issues at all, quite the contrary. No doubt it will enhance razor knowledge

Sounds like a fun game. Here's my entry.cartoon1673480612658.png
And now for the hint:

This razor and El Cid have something in common. Find it, and you will know my name.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner! You, Dave ... win a massive bag o' nowt

I've played similar games on forums, which we usually give the winner 24 hours to post a fresh challenge or it goes open to anyone.

Didn't know we had to do one at a time. Lol. On it.
Just going by what was posted (y)

Last edited:
Well, if that wasn't a pain to figure out. Looked like a Dandy, but they never made one that had a handle like that. It's a Traut & Hine razor, predecessor to the Dandy, yes?

Well, if that wasn't a pain to figure out. Looked like a Dandy, but they never made one that had a handle like that. It's a Traut & Hine razor, predecessor to the Dandy, yes?
Nope, the mechanism is totally different from a Dandy. Manufacturer Unidentified but not a Traut & Hine..........Hint - Circa 1911 and I learned the name after finding it in Waits Compendium. Heading to bed but I'll check on your work in the morning :ROFLMAO:

Edit - I read wrong and do have the manufacturer now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom