Has anyone tried "Esssence of Scotland" soaps?

Re: RE: Has anyone tried "Esssence of Scotland" soaps?

Al H said:
Can the scots do anything with out involving whiskey

pretty similar to the English sports commentators not being able to string a sentence together without mentioning 66....

UKRob said:
Why is it really interesting? Because it smells of Scotch? If you want to go to work smelling of whisky there's a far more effective way of doing it.

More the fact that there is not, as far as I am aware any other soap like it. I have never seen anything containing Bog Myrtle before either.

I suppose the bog myrtle will keep the midges away, not that any one will want to go near a drunken Scottish angry ginge in the first place. :icon_biggrin:

CelticRoots said:
http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com/Essence-Of-Scotland-Sweet-Gale-Shaving-Soap.htm

This look's really interesting. Has anyone here tried these?

To get the thread back on track and to try and answer your question, I have not used any of them yet. BUT, Ian (owner of the groom room) tests every one of the soaps he stocks. He's extremely knowledgeable about his products and wouldn't sell them if they were not up to standard. Send him a quick email and he'll tell you exactly what he thinks of the product and its qualities, I guarantee he won't try to bullshit you into a sale.
I sent another newly converted friend in there a couple of weeks back when he wanted a new razor. I had already given him a Boots own with one of my JEC handles to get him started but he wanted something else to try. I gave him a bit of info on what I thought he should get which would have run him to about £40. When he spoke to Ian in the shop, and under his advice, he walked out with a razor for half the price of my suggestions and is now enjoying his shaves even more.

ps, Good spot HM, I missed it the first time and was just about to point it out, only to find you had got there first :)

daz said:
CelticRoots said:
http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com/Essence-Of-Scotland-Sweet-Gale-Shaving-Soap.htm

This look's really interesting. Has anyone here tried these?

To get the thread back on track and to try and answer your question, I have not used any of them yet. BUT, Ian (owner of the groom room) tests every one of the soaps he stocks. He's extremely knowledgeable about his products and wouldn't sell them if they were not up to standard. Send him a quick email and he'll tell you exactly what he thinks of the product and its qualities, I guarantee he won't try to bullshit you into a sale.
I sent another newly converted friend in there a couple of weeks back when he wanted a new razor. I had already given him a Boots own with one of my JEC handles to get him started but he wanted something else to try. I gave him a bit of info on what I thought he should get which would have run him to about £40. When he spoke to Ian in the shop, and under his advice, he walked out with a razor for half the price of my suggestions and is now enjoying his shaves even more.

ps, Good spot HM, I missed it the first time and was just about to point it out, only to find you had got there first :)

I think I'll have to do that.

Many thanks Daz.

Back
Top Bottom