Has anyone tried to shave with a simpsons 'sampson'?

I have been looking on diamond edge at the sampson and it says for display purposes ONLY and that if you tried to use one, it would be 'uncontrollable with lather everywhere'

Just wondered if anyone has any input?

I have this beast:

The Polo 14

A huge expensive brush bought only to include in my shaving brush blog. Big as it is, it does actually perform but it's not a brush i would enjoy using regularly.

Ed-1.jpg

This has a loft of 57mm.

The Samson has pure badger hair with a loft of 90 mm.

I would think it best deployed on painting walls rather than your face!

Cheers gents, thats saved me some ££££*

* that I will no doubt spend on something else I dont need absoultely must have! :roll:

No, but I just ordered one with the intent of giving it a try! Will post pics when it arrives (which could be a while as I reside in Australia and it's coming from the US).

ben74 said:
No, but I just ordered one with the intent of giving it a try! Will post pics when it arrives (which could be a while as I reside in Australia and it's coming from the US).

Now that is taking one for the team! Well done Sir!

ben74 said:

You would not consider posting on You Tube, would you? :lol:

My new Samson arrived yesterday (along with an Astor (no.20) and a Rooney Alibaba 2, both 2nd hand), now do I have the courage to use it....?
Of course I do, pics of it in use soon...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-02 at 8.33.28 AM.png
    361 bytes · Views: 44
  • Screen shot 2011-04-02 at 8.34.35 AM.png
    361 bytes · Views: 35
  • Screen shot 2011-04-02 at 8.34.02 AM.png
    361 bytes · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom