haslinger scent strength ?

can any one please tell me if the scent fades with time ? just tried a puck of honig/honey my 1st haslinger soap ,can,t fault the performance at all , however this scent is totally not for me :sick: ....options ,leave on windowsill to age ,PIF, set fire to it , any & all advice appreciated ..:)

can any one please tell me if the scent fades with time ? just tried a puck of honig/honey my 1st haslinger soap ,can,t fault the performance at all , however this scent is totally not for me :sick: ....options ,leave on windowsill to age ,PIF, set fire to it , any & all advice appreciated ..:)
I never found Haslinger scents overly strong or obnoxious. Maybe try an add a scent or a drop of some essential oil as per your flavour

Haslinger is very feeble IMO. Their best soap, Schafmilch, is an unabashed copy of Mitchell's Wool Fat and costs more per oz. In other words, if you want a soap for good scent look elsewhere. MWF is the original and still has tallow since Haslinger removed their tallow from their soaps for what they stated were for obscure reasons and which I believe was an out & out lie.

well i gave it a go, as i was doing some online shopping ,in an attemp to support our shaving retailers , through this time , never used haslinger ,& honey is supposed to be medicinal, "whats the worst that can happen ?" i thought ,then i unwrapped the puck .:sick: maybe it,s just me & that scent , i have a similar opinon of the scent of wilkinson sword blue sticks...great soap ,but the stink ( left on bathroom window sill for a year before use )

Haslinger is very feeble IMO. Their best soap, Schafmilch, is an unabashed copy of Mitchell's Wool Fat and costs more per oz. In other words, if you want a soap for good scent look elsewhere. MWF is the original and still has tallow since Haslinger removed their tallow from their soaps for what they stated were for obscure reasons and which I believe was an out & out lie.

I was thinking of adding either the Schafmilch or the new Mogno bar to my next Connaught order, but I think this post has swayed me in the direction of the Mogno.

I'm never massively enthusiastic about loading soaps from a tub/puck; I prefer hard soaps in stick format and face load, which can be done with the Mogno.

I was thinking of adding either the Schafmilch or the new Mogno bar to my next Connaught order, but I think this post has swayed me in the direction of the Mogno.

I'm never massively enthusiastic about loading soaps from a tub/puck; I prefer hard soaps in stick format and face load, which can be done with the Mogno.
i have a puck of haslinger going free if you wish ,if not i will file it under B1N

Not sure I follow the reasoning, if any, behind believing Haslinger is lying...

I would also object to the claim Haslinger Schafmilch is a "copy of MWF." The latter contains no sheep's milk or peanut oil, all they have in common is lanolin which is also used in hundreds of other soaps and creams.

As to them being liars I recall the current CEO said his Grandfather founded the company as cruelty/animal product free which I can quite believe, animal rights and environmentalism were all the rage over there from the 30s onwards... Little else from that time remains but those ideas stuck, they're still mad on the green ideal now, far more than we are.

He did also claim the performance was totally unaffected by removing tallow, now that I would say is a fib but it's still good stuff, just not as good as it was. Perhaps that's what Bogeyman was referring to.

I would also object to the claim Haslinger Schafmilch is a "copy of MWF." The latter contains no sheep's milk or peanut oil, all they have in common is lanolin which is also used in hundreds of other soaps and creams.

As to them being liars I recall the current CEO said his Grandfather founded the company as cruelty/animal product free which I can quite believe, animal rights and environmentalism were all the rage over there from the 30s onwards... Little else from that time remains but those ideas stuck, they're still mad on the green ideal now, far more than we are.

He did also claim the performance was totally unaffected by removing tallow, now that I would say is a fib but it's still good stuff, just not as good as it was. Perhaps that's what Bogeyman was referring to.
1615252894942.png
Yeah..That.Dispels Forum Muff Puppet Talk.. Oh My Petty Coat. Helmet Knickers..It Doesn't Smell Like She Gal Perfume..Oh Shucks Me Muffin Puffin Daisy Ducks .:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom