Heavy razors are not necessarily the best.

The only cartride razor i use now and again is a Metal Handled Gillette Atra, with a pack of no brand blades from the 100 pennies shop

atra-alum.jpg

Does a good job, not as enjoyable, but does a fair old job :D

antdad said:
Last night there were 499 members and now there are 498.

Vive la playpen clique.

Was it, by any chance, a poseur with a target stamped on his forehead, with the word "TWONK" superimposed on it, in whatever the ugliest colour Crayon there is these days?

• Good to know he'll stand and attempt to hold his moral playgrou... er, I mean high-ground, against all he thinks care enough to assail it.
        • ... I hate to think what life must be like for a guy like that, what with neither a functional sense-of-humour gland nor any personality beyond that of an intellectually-stunted newt.
                • Oh, well.
                    • You know what they say...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

You'll have to ask the Chairman whether Spruce's ban is permanent or just more permanent than the last.

EDIT...I think permanent, his posts have disappeared.

antdad said:
You'll have to ask the Chairman whether Spruce's ban is permanent or just more permanent than the last.

oh no..........he's not coming back is he :cry: :( :roll:
(get's his Suitcase down of the top of the Wardrobe and starts to pack his shaving gear into it) :lol:

I wouldn't be too concerned about using a Fusion (or indeed any other razor you fancy) Robert. One of the many saving graces I've noticed on TSR is that whilst we're all pretty much allowed to be as obsessed as we choose with our own equipment it's entirely up to other members to use whatever is good for them whenever they choose. Why, I know for a fact that Steve is even as I tripewrite earnestly & diligently seeking out a source for extra heavy duty Sellotape for a trial of exfoliating by the celebrated "Adhere & Rip Off System".

Incidentally "knock up" is a kinda general purpose piece of slang over here. So a clever guy might "knock up" a piece of furniture from bits of an old wooden packing case & some screws.................. whilst a not so clever guy might "knock up" his female partner with some different type of "screws".

Yes, yes, I know , my coat is that direction >>>>>>>>>>>>>> JohnnyO. :(

Robert Otten said:
There, you'll skip over this post and I can honestly tell you that I did confess over the Fusion and you won't remember.

Never tried the FUSION.

But I have tried the Sensor Excel (after beginning DE shaving), and I think it's a fantastic razor. Easily in my top 3.

Naked Ape said:
Robert Otten said:
There, you'll skip over this post and I can honestly tell you that I did confess over the Fusion and you won't remember.

Never tried the FUSION.

But I have tried the Sensor Excel (after beginning DE shaving), and I think it's a fantastic razor. Easily in my top 3.

My favourite cartridge razor when I still used them.

Agree about the Sensor Excel, tried all but the latest cartridge razors from Gillette and Wilkinson Sword. Sensor Excel is the best by far in my opinion.

BTW, where are the cheapest place to get Excel cartridges? Do any own-brand ones fit the Sensor? And are they as good as Gillette ones?

Sainsburys are doing the sensor3 for £3 a pack (4).

Apparently Asda tri flex blades fit, I've never tried them but am going to pick a pack up to test.

I'm getting quite a hoard of carts now Inc sainsburys mutifit (atra, contour,GII, WS protector and pivot), I think it's important to find cheaper options for when time is tight, I'll start banging up reviews as and when.

Yes mate, it's called a pack D.E blades. If one blade lasts a week or so give or take, that's about £1 - £2 a month in recyclable steel.

Arrowhead said:
I prefer a razor with a bit of weight to it, all other things being equal, but I don't think it has any effect on the quality of shave I get - just a personal preference. Balance and handle length probably have more bearing on that.

Actually I think the design parameters of the head ('shape' of head and size of gap etc in normal parlance) are the most important characteristics in determining the quality of a razor. The razor I like best is the Merkur Futur. This is a heavy razor, however, I am confident that the exact same razor in a much lighter material (titanium anyone ? ;-) ) would offer an equally good experience...

Back
Top Bottom