Hello all

C

clarke

Just wanted to say hello to everyone,

Came across the forum as I have been looking into getting a cut throat razor. I have been using a Merkur
HD 34G Safety Razor for 3 years with Derby Extra blades but I fancy something different so I am after advice from anyone else who has gone from a safety razor to cut throat, will I see any benefit, etc..

Thanks
Clarke

It's not quite the answer you're looking for Clarke but if you've been using Derby's for 3 years you might want to try a different blade as well as a getting into straight razors.

I DE'd for about 2 years til I "felt" my facing wanting something more than constant throw away blades..then my wifes grandfathers straight razor I had completely restored from an aweful home it was lent to (not him)...now I have 2 straight razors in rotation when I wish to use the latter :mrgreen:

B

Welcome Clare! :D Check out the Straight Razor section. There are now a few threads (including mine) about moving from DE to straight. Fido's is the first to spring to mind as a good informative example, but the others are good too. My advice would be to start with as open a mind as possible, don't put too much pressure on yourself (or your face! :roll: ) or you could fall at the first hurdle. I am still not sure myself but I've only been using mine for a few weeks. Not feeling well today so used my Schick Krona DE. It felt a bit like I'd been running along a stony beach in bare feet then being given some trainers to wear. Well, not quite such a contrast but you get the gist.

(I've put him off now :oops: )

clarke said:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone,

Came across the forum as I have been looking into getting a cut throat razor. I have been using a Merkur
HD 34G Safety Razor for 3 years with Derby Extra blades but I fancy something different so I am after advice from anyone else who has gone from a safety razor to cut throat, will I see any benefit, etc..

Thanks
Clarke

Hi. This is certainly the place.

Check out the stickies on the Straight Razor thread.

Back
Top Bottom