Hello from a female collector

ajc347 said:
Hi Di

It's great to see you on here and to see the pictures of your awesome collection. :)

Thanks Andy!

dodgy said:
eillio said:
I honestly did not believe it would be so addictive when I started collecting, and now if I see a razor with just the slightest difference to one I have I just have to try to get it -
mad I know - I am really into the history of the safety razor - and spend hours looking up websites where they have already compiled date codes, razor models etc

Hi there,

That's quite a healthy...... quite a healthy hobby you got there. Wow, you are extremely enthusiastic! Not too many members here with that kinda motivation.

Glad you showed up. I think Toots needs another woman to talk female things with. We usually never listen to her, but pretend to be interested. As you know, Limey men are a polite, somewhat overly effeminate bunch.

Anyway, I hope you stick around,

Martin

Hi Martin I will definitely be sticking around! so many razors - so little time....

Around two years collecting, but it is getting worse, I am now veering off towards other makes - I dream of a Darwin deluxe............there is a female collector on another forum who has every Darwin model razor in existence - and a very impressive cabinet of other vintage razors, so I have a lot of work to do to get up to her standard
[/quote]

Welcome. There is (maybe was, now) a Darwin Deluxe on Ebay today - £100.
Do you collect your Gillette birth year / quarter as some of us do?
[/quote]

Thanks for the Welcome - I did see the Darwin deluxe - is is a lovely razor but at the moment I prefer the double edge razors.

Yes I do have a of Birth year / quarter razor, a toggle !

So many welcomes - I sceptically wondered if it was the lads chatting up a lassie, but then I saw the photos of your collection.......... decided it wasn't sexual attraction........ bright shiny things attract magpies LOL

Beautiful collection, thanks for sharing it with us

Back
Top Bottom