Hello from beautiful Perthshire

Hello from a Berkshire man living in beautiful (if a little nippy) Perthshire.

I've been a wet shaver for more than 40 years so you can tell that I am by no means your youngest recruit. I have used brush and blade for all of that time with the exception of a short spell during the '70s when I bought myself a trendy Remington. That brief romance came to a painful conclusion when I removed a small but perfect circle from the tip of my tongue (don't ask!). This healed and I returned to sanity.

I suppose wet shaving became a hobby around about 2002 when I started casting about for items of interest to make the daily shave more enjoyable. Unhappily for my bank balance I succeeded and to date I have acquired about 30 razors including:-

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth in chrome
Gillette Aristocrat (English made, rhodium plated)
Ever Ready 1912 and Gem G-bar (single edge)
Gillette Fatboy and Slim Adjustable
Gillette Berkshire set (gold plated, from the 1930s)
Gillette Single Ring (from 1906)

My brush collection is less extensive although I do have a New Forest 2213 Chunky which is a truly fine brush for the money. Other brushes are in my sights even at this very moment and I feel an imminent purchase coming on.

Associated sundries include the usual Trumper, Coates (current) and L'Occitane goodies plus a few EDTs all of which I like to rotate until I get giddy.

So, as you can see, I am as much of a lost soul as the rest of you. I don't think joining this forum will help me to get better so the downward spiral will continue - Thank Goodness!!!

Hi & very welcome to TSR. Hairy tongue syndrome eh ? I beleive a few of our members have hairy palm syndrome at full moon, however tongue shavers remain a cherished minority amongst us.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

That's a great introduction!

Welcome to TSR.

You have reminded me of a memorable journey from the New Forest one summer day which enabled me to sit down to lunch in Perth at 1pm. Didn't break the speed limit once. Honest.

Truly a kindred spirit, enjoy the forum.

Thank you all for such a warm and witty welcome. I've noticed from browsing a few older posts that the collecting bug runs wide and deep, so I thought I should come clean.

I'm also a collector of books (my wife is always threatening to hire a skip), and fountain pens. The latter accounts for my user name which came to me in a dream when registering for the fountain pen network - a first rate forum for lovers of pen and ink. Antiques are another interest and I like to buy the odd affordable bargain. Oh, and did I mention that I have a bit of a thing for old tweed jackets? Very handy around these parts I can assure you although a wardrobe with Narnia pretensions would be useful.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom