Hello from Edinburgh

Hello there, after a month of lurking now seems like a good point to introduce myself and to say a big thank you for maintaining such a helpful resource.

I'm in Edinburgh and have been for 7 years, work in a lovely wee patisserie and when I'm not doing that I'm a contact juggler/dancer/performer type thing, not very good at categories. Anyways always trying to pay attention to good form and technique and only recently realised that that applied to wet shaving. Although honestly I need a costly new hobby like a hole in the wallet.

First 'proper' shave exactly one month ago with the fantastically un-phallic Merkur 1904 (...it's what you do with it, right?) and as of this week have leapt happily onto the r41 band-juggernaut.

Look forward to getting to know this place better

Thom

A Warm Welcome to TSR Thom.....r41 can be a vicious wee beastie, you jumped into the deep end there....
Which blade do you use with the r41?....I found the Astra Sp's pretty good in that razor.....nice and smooth once I got the angle right....

I'm all about the feathers. Would love to try some of the other 'sharp' blades (tautology much) but the feather results have been so good I'm reluctant to change. I'm glad I started on ma wee 1904 but honestly I don't think the Muhle is as scary as it's made out to be. Patience is required for sure, but that's what I love about this method of shaving.

Plus it finds stubble that my Merkur doesn't know exists.

Giving some thoughts to straights next...

well hello also from Edinburgh. based in the city myself.

drop me a PM sometime with your locale... if you're nearby I'd be happy to give you a wee goodie bag of wet shaving related stuff.

shrink said:
well hello also from Edinburgh. based in the city myself.

drop me a PM sometime with your locale... if you're nearby I'd be happy to give you a wee goodie bag of wet shaving related stuff.

Wow, lovely stuff I'll drop you a PM in a mo, trade you some patisserie for it. Fair exchange and all that.

Thanks for the welcomes people.

Welcome aboard Thom,

am also new here and also in your area(work in Edinburgh, live in Fife). I've found everyone really helpful here. A good bunch of all round 'good eggs'........

Back
Top Bottom