Hello from France

cheese_dave said:
Merci. Veuillez agréer les excuses d'un roastbeef.

I got that from Yahoo babel fish, so don't blame me if it's wrong.

J'obtiendrai mon manteau.
The first sentence is perfect!!!! :lol:
But you know that where also called "cheese witch stincks" :hungrig

But I don't understand the last one"j'obtiendrai mon manteau" what do you mean??? :?:

bowman said:
But I don't understand the last one"j'obtiendrai mon manteau" what do you mean??? :?:

It's supposed to say, "I'll get my coat". You will see this at the bottom of lot of posts. It's when someone tells a really bad joke, they pretend they're leaving the building, and will pick their coat up on the way out. In the same way, you will also see people saying, "Taxi!" at the end of a bad joke. Again, they're pretending to leave and are hailing a taxi to take them away.

Bonsoir Bowman. Comment alle vous?

And that is about all of the written schoolboy French that i can remember! Thanks god your English is better!

You will find this forum rather less stuffy than certain other shaving forums - which i am sure you will find makes a pleasant environment.

Enjoy.

Bowman, you must pass a test to be a full member of this forum, you must shave in a difficult, beautiful or humiliating place.

You must take a picture of yourself shaving on the Millau viaduct that has been designed by an Englishman.

Millau+Viaduct+(Blog).jpg

cheese_dave said:
bowman said:

It's supposed to say, "I'll get my coat". You will see this at the bottom of lot of posts. It's when someone tells a really bad joke, they pretend they're leaving the building, and will pick their coat up on the way out. In the same way, you will also see people saying, "Taxi!" at the end of a bad joke. Again, they're pretending to leave and are hailing a taxi to take them away.

Now I know why you're an Alan Partridge fan.

antdad said:
Bowman, you must pass a test to be a full member of this forum, you must shave in a difficult, beautiful or humiliating place.

You must take a picture of yourself shaving on the Millau viaduct that has been designed by an Englishman.

Millau+Viaduct+(Blog).jpg

Do you know that I'm living at only 98 milles from this viaduc??
It's a very beautiful and impressive construction....
I have to find a way to shave with DR Harris marlborough cream. :idea:

hunnymonster said:
Andy said:
I can say "Brassiere" in german but that wont be a lot of help in welcoming you bowman so bonjour instead

In my German O-level oral exam, I got mixed up between "brassiere" & "bus stop" - much to the amusement of the examiner - still passed though, as I realised the error when he went purple trying to suppress the laugh.

:D Do you know the german for " all aboard! not much room on top" hunnymonster

Back
Top Bottom