Hello from London, UK

Hi everyone! I've just signed up on here as I'm about to get into wet shaving with a safety razor. I've ordered a few bits and bobs which should arrive soon:
  • Merkur 34C HD razor
  • Astra SP blades
  • Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick
  • Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor brush
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Herbal Shaving Soap
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
I'm hoping that's a good combination to get started with!

Hello and welcome to TSR

Thats a very good start with your choice of shaving gear.
The Merkur 34c was my first DE razor
The Vulfix 404 is very good
I use the astra sp blades, and get a good shave
Great scent from the TOBS sandalwood

Grea start fella, but somehow I don't think it will stop there.
Regards Pat

Thank you for the welcome, Pat! The Arko soap stick was bundled with the blades, so I ordered the TOBS soap as well, as it had very good reviews.

I'm watching loads of YouTube videos on wet shaving at the moment and I hope to learn a lot from these forums. I've only ever used cartridge razors before and the cost vs shaving results are not very good. My facial hairs are extremely thick and tough to the point that my electric shaver sometimes struggles! So it'll be interesting to see how a safety razor compares.

Welcome.

Just shaved with the Astra SP blades this week with great results. I would recommend getting a sample pack of other blades just in case the Astra SP does not suit you, that way you will have something else to try to compare.

Of course some might say that a simple blade sample pack is the first step on to what might be a slippery slope of acquisition disorder..........:)

Hi everyone! I've just signed up on here as I'm about to get into wet shaving with a safety razor. I've ordered a few bits and bobs which should arrive soon:
  • Merkur 34C HD razor
  • Astra SP blades
  • Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick
  • Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor brush
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Herbal Shaving Soap
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
I'm hoping that's a good combination to get started with!
Hello and welcome , sounds like a good combo to me, good to have you along.

Looks like you've read up and invested in the TSR starter kit.

If it's your first time shaving traditionally I'd invest in a tube of shaving cream, Palmolive will do and it'll be far easier to lather (initially) than your soaps until you get the hang of things.

Ironically, I only found these forums after I'd ordered everything! What a stroke of luck that the products meet with approval here!

I'm going to take you up on that advice of getting some shaving cream as I has my first ever DE wet shave just and it was a generally a huge success but I have a few questions where I need some advice. I'll start a separate thread for that.

Back
Top Bottom