Hello from Marlborough

Jon

Good evening gentlemen.

Ive been DE shaving for a while now, i got lured into the underworld of 'wetshaving proper' when i realised that i have to do it everyday so i might as well enjoy it!

Ive just bought my first SR, a shave ready vintage model. Im into all things self service, an engineer by trade and deal with fine tuning and adjustments on a range of equipment so im keen to learn the art of honing. 1 step at a time? Anyway, i will indeed be taking an interest in restoration threads, the buy and sell section and taking onboard the knowledge amongst the established subject matter experts.

Looking forward to someday being able to know what im on about!

Regards

Jon

Good evening gentlemen.

Ive been DE shaving for a while now, i got lured into the underworld of 'wetshaving proper' when i realised that i have to do it everyday so i might as well enjoy it!

Ive just bought my first SR, a shave ready vintage model. Im into all things self service, an engineer by trade and deal with fine tuning and adjustments on a range of equipment so im keen to learn the art of honing. 1 step at a time? Anyway, i will indeed be taking an interest in restoration threads, the buy and sell section and taking onboard the knowledge amongst the established subject matter experts.

Looking forward to someday being able to know what im on about!

Regards

Jon
Hello Jon, welcome to TSR :)

Welcome to TSR.
I don't think traditional wet saving is in the underworld yet and hopefully will never get to that status. Good luck with the straight razors. You will need another straight razor to rotate whilst one is waiting for honing; not that I wish to encourage you into the AD's :). I do have a shave ready straight razor, honing pastes and strop, all still in their packaging but remain firmly with the DEs'.

Back
Top Bottom