Hello from me

Hi everyone.

Just started (this week) using a DE razor. First attempt was amazing. Second didn't go so well for some reason but I'm learning.
Been making a hash of shaving for years tbh. Not going to bring much to the party but will hunt around forum for information and advise. Thinking of making a holder for my 2 DE razors and naff cheap brush. Going to build up some decent kit.I keep looking at the astra blades I got free that are made in Russia, they might not ever get used though on principle.

Hi there @Wayners
And
welcome dracula GIF

Make yourself at home.

Welcome. You'll need to do a fair bit of reading to figure out which blades come from Russia and which don't, as its far from obvious, although there's a thread on here somewhere which gives a pretty decent list of common blades that are or aren't so you can get an idea of which to avoid or look for.

I like Astra SP. Yes, I now know they're made by Gillette in Russia but I bought 100 last year, from a UK reseller well before the February incursion. They're sharp and smooth, when many blades are one or the other. I probably like Nacets and Gillette Silver Blues slightly more, in hindsight.

It could be that with your first go you were extra gentle, but over thought it or applied too much pressure perhaps, on the 2nd? Go with barely any pressure, stretch the skin well, and if it takes 3 passes, enjoy them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom