Hello from Sheffield U.K

Hi

Well after getting fed up of spending silly money on replacement blades for my razor, I'm seriously thinking of getting an Edwin Jagger DE 3d razor.

I've done a fair bit of research & also seen YouTube videos from @Kevy

I see there are a bazillion different brands of blades. Is there such a thing as the "best for beginners" blades or is it all personal preference & type of skin etc?

BTW I chose Edwin Jagger as they are only a couple of miles away from where I live.

Cheers
Shaun

Hi

Well after getting fed up of spending silly money on replacement blades for my razor, I'm seriously thinking of getting an Edwin Jagger DE 3d razor.

I've done a fair bit of research & also seen YouTube videos from @Kevy

I see there are a bazillion different brands of blades. Is there such a thing as the "best for beginners" blades or is it all personal preference & type of skin etc?

BTW I chose Edwin Jagger as they are only a couple of miles away from where I live.

Cheers
Shaun
Hello and welcome to you Shaun, as Pat has already said with blades it's down to personal prefeance but I would say a good one to start with is Astra SP blades. If you PM me your address I will send you a few to try. Paul.

Welcome, top choice of razor.

I would never go back to multi-blade cartridge shaving after a year of DE.
Things I have found:
Prep is everything, hot shower as a minimum.
Map your beard direction, use a cotton wool ball to make 100% sure the 1st pass is with the growth.
Absolutely no pressure on the razor, the lighter your touch, the closer & more comfortable the shave will be.

Enjoy TSR

Edwin Jagger razors are a great starting razor. As other people have already said, get a sample pack of blades to figure out which ones you like best as everyone is different.

A few tips in addition to those already posted (which are all great advice):
When you start out, stick with the same blade until you feel that you have the technique right.
Don't press down at all, you should feel like you are stroking your face with the razor.
Take your time.
To get the angle right try to make sure that you keep the cap part of the razor touching your face.
If you are using a boar brush, soak the bristles while you are having a shower as they absorb water.
When you are putting a blade in the razor make sure you get the base plate the right way up (it's surprising how many people put it in upside-down without noticing).

Welcome and as a newbie myself (dived in to straights) from what little I know already the silly money on cartridges turns very quickly in to much more than silly money on other stuff :-D

Back
Top Bottom