Hello from Taiwan

Hi. I'm a Canadian expatriate living in Taiwan. I've been here for 8 and a half years already, and I'll probably be here for a lot longer.

I used to shave with a Gillette Mach 3, but I got tired of the never-ending, ever-more-costly blade purchases. I also realized how wasteful throwing out those blades was. I got into straight razors about a year ago, and I've just started honing recently. My razors are two new-model Bokers--an Edelweiss and a Tree Brand. My hone is a La Veinette Coticule. I currently use a SRD modular paddle stop. I don't have access to a lot of shaving products here (I hope you all truly appreciate how lucky you are). I use The Body Shop's Maca Root shaving cream, as well as Gillette Fusion aftershave gel. My aftershaves are usually the cheaper variety--Brut, Old Spice, Pinaud-Clubman--however, I do splash on some Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College on Sundays. (Incidentally, we have a TOBS store in Taipei, but it is ridiculously expensive. Again, I hope you all truly appreciate how luck you are). I'm particularly interested in finding out about online shaving-supply vendors in the UK.

Other than shaving, my other hobbies are reading, movies, and coffee. I roast my own coffee, and I'm into espresso as well.

That's it. That's me.

Hi and welcome to TSR SR! :D Maybe we can trade!? You get shaving soap and other shaving gear and I get coffee beans :D Seriously though, you've got a very nice guy in your neck of the wood, Tom who also lives in Taiwan, he's in the sharpening biz (Jende industries). He's a member here and at some other forums ... :D

Thanks, everyone.

Yes, I know Tom. He helped me pick out my shaving equipment last year, and he's been taking care of my razors for me. He's been up to my place once, and I went down to his place this fall for some honing lessons.

As for Connaught Shaving: I would love to buy from them. They have such a remarkable selection and great prices. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Taiwan. :icon_sad: I emailed them, and they said their credit card merchant doesn't have representation in Taiwan (or something like that). :icon_rolleyes:

Yes, Arrowhead, I know your name and avatar as well. From Shave Ready, perhaps?

SlowRain said:
Unfortunately, they don't ship to Taiwan. :icon_sad: I emailed them, and they said their credit card merchant doesn't have representation in Taiwan (or something like that).

Do you have a Paypal account? That could be one way around it. I always pay Connaught by Paypal as I don't do credit cards.

Back
Top Bottom