Hello from Taiwan

Thanks, everyone.

Canuck said:
Do you have a Paypal account? That could be one way around it. I always pay Connaught by Paypal as I don't do credit cards.

That would work for me. When I emailed them about other options, they never mentioned that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look into it when I'm ready to order.

Arrowhead said:
That'll be it. I've been silent at SR and SRP for a few months now due to lack of time. Since you've met him, does Tom wear a lumberjack shirt? ;)

He doesn't, actually. It's nothing but Italian suits and shoes for him. And gold and diamond jewelery--a lot of gold and diamonds. :icon_razz:

SlowRain said:
Arrowhead said:
That'll be it. I've been silent at SR and SRP for a few months now due to lack of time. Since you've met him, does Tom wear a lumberjack shirt? ;)

He doesn't, actually. It's nothing but Italian suits and shoes for him. And gold and diamond jewelery--a lot of gold and diamonds. :icon_razz:

Hmm, yes, this will be very helpful in future prize haggling matters, indeed! :D

Welcome to TSR Slowrain - I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

If you are still having trouble with buying from Connaughts, I'd be more than happy to help out as an intermediary - I'm sure there would be others too.

Thanks for the offer, Hax. I'll explore the PayPal option first or else try Shaving.ie. I'd rather not pay VAT.

There's no real shaving culture in Taiwan like there is in Japan. Most Chinese men have a couple whiskers around their goatee area. Some shave daily, some once or twice a week, usually with a disposable razor or disposable cartridge (Gillette, Schick), but it's viewed as an inconvenience to be rid of as quickly as possible. Aftershave is almost non-existent (it's only been the last year or so that deodorant for men has become common). Shaving cream is in a can.

There's a Taylor of Old Bond Street in Taipei, but it's several times the price of the UK. I've been told their shaving stick is more popular than their shaving soaps and creams. They've sold a few straight razors, but only to rich people who put them on display. Most of their customers are women buying gifts for their husbands or boyfriends (or perhaps both :D). Few men are interested in seeking these products out for themselves; they can't be bothered.

My best option is The Body Shop, which is everywhere.

Electric razors are starting to make inroads with the upper-middle class, but they're expensive.

Back
Top Bottom