Hello from Wausau, WI USA

I'm a member of a shave forum called The Shave Den and we have a new member that invited me to join this forum. You know him as pugh-the-special-one aka Jamie.

A little about me: I have been wet shaving for the past 50-years and I've used just about every form of razor, soap/cream, and after shave known to man. For the past few years I have settled down with my two vintage 1946 G1 Schick Injectors and Mitchell's Wool Fat, followed up with my all time favorite Floid Blue after shave.

I will do my best to participate where I can but I will naturally spend more time on the other forum.

I look forward in sharing information with goods folks in other parts of this small world we live in.

In case anyone is interested, the picture in my avatar is me, age 3, 1949. I can assure you, I look nothing like that now.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Johnny

Hello Johnny

I'm the other way round - a member of The Shave Den who spends more time here. Welcome to TSR, we have a lot of fun here. A wonderful year, 1949 - you could have joined me at Fratton Park to watch Pompey winning the 1st Division Championship. A bit like your home team winning Superbowl?

Pompey actually won the Superbowl in 1820, way before we exported the NFL to America. Pompey decided to stay here when the Manchester Bears and the London Patriots moved to their new homes overseas. They then started kicking a mis-shapen "round" ball about the field, experimenting with not using their hands, just for a giggle. It caught on somehow and it's now very popular although Pompey have never acknowledged their shameful past throwing a rugby ball about.

I digress. Welcome Johnny, nice to have you here! We have a few other Americans here but it's always nice to see another.

Hi Johnny,

Oh jeez, another old geezer like myself and a few other decrepit members. Us Limeys don't much cotton to Yanks joining this place and Jamie will now be on double secret probation for inviting you here to this forum.

Hah, sorry, but I couldn't help goofing on you a little bit. You'll find it's my nature. Actually, I'm a foreigner like yourself, living just north of Chicago. Sigh....I have good memories of driving up just over the Wisconsin border to Mars Cheese Castle for liters of Lowenbrau Dark on tap (the real imported stuff). Yeah, when I was a kid, we'd spend time in Wisconsin because the age for beer was only 18 instead of 21 down here.

Far as The Shave Den goes, this place is quite different. I've known JoAnna and Sparky and the gang since before that forum was started, and for one reason or another I ended up posting there very seldom these days. We all have our own druthers I guess.

I hope you spend some time here to get a feel for this place. I gotta warn you these guys talk pretty damn funny sometimes....British is a goofy language.

Martin

Johnny said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. You might know that I would join a site in the UK and run in to someone from Chicago. :icon_mrgreen:

One thing I should mention is these guys tend to toddle off to bed early...maybe by around 6pm or so. They are an older and very sedate bunch and need lots of sleep I guess.

Couple things that were told to me when I first joined:

Don't accept any home made aftershave from Pigcat (good advice)
Don't mention the War (I'm guessing they mean the US Civil War)
Antdad can be a little grumpy
Sir Benny of Hillingsdale is a God.

There you go, fellow forum foreigner,

Hah, I almost forgot to mention what these people eat! Oh man, it's a riot. There's a thread with 17 pages going on right now about favorite recipes for some stuff called 'Treacle and Squeak', whatever the hell that is.

Back
Top Bottom