Hello. I'm about to become a DE learner.

Hiya. I'm new. What's this I see in a few places on the forum about TSR discounts? I'm asking because I'm about to start buying some gear, including a variety pack of blades and other bits from Connaughts most likely.

For several years I've been growing beards then getting rid with hair clippers (sometimes finishing off with a cartridge razor), then growing the beard back et cetera. Now I've learned about the benefits of safety razors and intend to shave more regularly. I'm thinning on top, and may switch between shaving my head (for the first time) and my face, depending on how thins go and what my head looks like.

I've ordered a parker variant from salonwholesale.com so far (it was cheap - I hope they're reputable), but am yet to buy the other bits and pieces.

I look forward to getting going and chatting to you all.

Welcome to TSR! You can find the discount codes here:

We don't post them on the forum openly - this makes sure they're limited to us members and out of respect for our vendors.

That website you purchased your Variant from is owned by the same company that owns The Modern Man and Shave Lounge. They're reputable. The website you used is the trade version though. I'll be interested to know if they go through with your order or cancel it. Let us know.

Thanks @Boycie83 for taking the time to reply . I've had an email saying it's been shipped, thankfully.

I should say that in the OP I said I've only bought the Variant so far, but I've realised that's not true. I bought some new lightbulbs for the shower room too. The old had stopped working, and I did put some consideration into what sort would be the best replacements. Now I'm wondering if people have discussed which light qualities are desirable for shaving...

Thanks @Boycie83 for taking the time to reply . I've had an email saying it's been shipped, thankfully.

I should say that in the OP I said I've only bought the Variant so far, but I've realised that's not true. I bought some new lightbulbs for the shower room too. The old had stopped working, and I did put some consideration into what sort would be the best replacements. Now I'm wondering if people have discussed which light qualities are desirable for shaving...
It's always easy to overthink things when we get an interest in something new. Remember - this is just shaving. We make it enjoyable though. Any light is good light. As an example, @Dave in KY has been shaving in some woodlands in the US lately and @TobyC has probably been using the neon lights of an off-licence (that's a liquor store to you, Tobias) occasionally.

It's always easy to overthink things when we get an interest in something new. Remember - this is just shaving. We make it enjoyable though. Any light is good light. As an example, @Dave in KY has been shaving in some woodlands in the US lately and @TobyC has probably been using the neon lights of an off-licence (that's a liquor store to you, Tobias) occasionally.

Whale oil lamp and my reflection in a wooden bucket of water. ;)

Back
Top Bottom