Hello. I'm about to become a DE learner.

I appreciate that @Boycie83
I'm happy to buy a few bits, I'm just taking my time over it!
The main thing I'm pondering over is which brush(es) to buy.
Boycie's Emporium may be able to help with that :cool: What's your budget?

@CjH is doing a PIF which is essentially a freebie for a lucky person who enters. Throw your hat in the ring and you can end up with a few nice bits to try:

Thread 'Some Bits'n'bobs' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/some-bitsnbobs.57197/

Boycie's Emporium may be able to help with that :cool: What's your budget?

@CjH is doing a PIF which is essentially a freebie for a lucky person who enters. Throw your hat in the ring and you can end up with a few nice bits to try:

Thread 'Some Bits'n'bobs' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/some-bitsnbobs.57197/
Boycie's Emporium huh? What what?

I've no set budget. My approach is to attempt to buy stuff which functions well initially, and to modify things after that if necessary. Asking 'silly' questions of experienced people is how I hope to equip myself reasonably first of all.

I was going to buy a synthetic brush (Mühle?), but am thinking now of the Semogue SOC from Connaught while it's on offer. I would buy a sample pack of blades at the same time. Maybe some soap or cream to compare with the B&M omnibus base which I intend to buy from elsewhere, to see how they perform with my very hard water.

I saw that PIF thread, thanks Boycie. I was going to leave it for someone else to win, but will consider putting my name in.

Boycie's Emporium huh? What what?

I've no set budget. My approach is to attempt to buy stuff which functions well initially, and to modify things after that if necessary. Asking 'silly' questions of experienced people is how I hope to equip myself reasonably first of all.

I was going to buy a synthetic brush (Mühle?), but am thinking now of the Semogue SOC from Connaught while it's on offer. I would buy a sample pack of blades at the same time. Maybe some soap or cream to compare with the B&M omnibus base which I intend to buy from elsewhere, to see how they perform with my very hard water.

I saw that PIF thread, thanks Boycie. I was going to leave it for someone else to win, but will consider putting my name in.
You may as well put your name in for the generous PIF, get the ball rolling! :)
Edit: you could be number 2 :)

Paul.

You may as well put your name in for the generous PIF, get the ball rolling! :)
Edit: you could be number 2 :)

Paul.
free-stuff-sign.png

@Boycie83 this might be ambiguous. All I meant was, what is Boycie's Emporium?
No problem. I've bought a fairly large amount of shaving paraphernalia over the years and sold nearly as much. There's a running joke that I have a business called Boycie's Used Soap Emporium. In fact, here's the latest offering for you to consider:

Thread 'Shavemac CB3 Silvertip 2 Band - £75' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/shavemac-cb3-silvertip-2-band-75.57199/

Buy high, sell low... I think that's what they said isn't it? Chris' generous, if commercially unviable business model keeps the BST wheels turning, enabling curious vultures like me to try 'one careful owner' soaps etc at 'why not?' prices.
Yep in my first year of shaving, the bargain purchases in the emporium caused my wife to threaten to divorce me if I bought ‘one more soap!’

Back
Top Bottom