Hello!

Noob here. I have gone back to safety razor use after around 30 years of multi-blade use, (you probably know the progression....first up a single blade in a plastic housing...then 2 blades...then 3......you know the rest). Then some bloke at work started to talk about how he was getting great shaves with a double edge safety razor that he had picked up. I started about 6 weeks ago....and I love it.

Currently using a Merkur HD (34 I think) with Derby extra blades. Just wish that I converted earlier.

Welcome! You would be well-advised to go to the Connaught Shaving site and order a blade sample pack. Different blades suit different razors and different people, and Derbys aren't well-thought of (except for a few who find that they suit them).

Thanks. Advice accepted. By what I have read, there is a lot of knowledge on here regarding blades. What people like, hate, prefer, are indifferent about and the reasons why. I am quite happy with the shave that I am getteng with the Derbys. Few nicks and virtually no razor burn. I don't even have to use a post shave balm, although I suppose that I probably should anyway. BUT.....there may be a better blade out there for me. It could be fun experimenting finding out. Sample packs seems a good idea to do this.

Welcome Frankie

I didn't get on with Derby blades in my Merkur 34C or any other razor for that matter. It's fun trying others - there's one just right for you somewhere. Enjoy all the other delights along the way.

Hello Fido. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on here over the last few days. You in particular seem to be the type of person who gives no nonsense information and advice...and you appear to like the challenge of contacting shaving companies and put them to task!!!! Love it.

Lose the beard said:
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I have just started DE shaving, about 4 weeks now, after having a beard for the last 8 years. The advice on this forum has really helped me along.

Thanks, I think that the advice on here is gonna help me in my quest for a great shave too.

Frankieabbott said:
Lose the beard said:
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I have just started DE shaving, about 4 weeks now, after having a beard for the last 8 years. The advice on this forum has really helped me along.

Thanks, I think that the advice on here is gonna help me in my quest for a great shave too.
Welcome! I'm a newby on here too and there are just so many informative and interesting posts on here. Everyone seems so helpful and ready to offer advice.

Hello! I'm new to the boards too, but having great fun reading through the history. For what it's worth, I got a sample pack of Derby blades with my EJ89 and I didn't have any problems with them either. I've just switched to a Gillette 7o'clock and have to confess that, although sharper, it seems a more perilous shave!! Perhaps it gets easier with experience.

Back
Top Bottom